or Connect

Posts by cappuccinosmom

Because I was specifically responding to the "those parents think they have a right to *damage* their children" concept, which is assigning evil motivation to them.  If stormbride said the same thing, then I disagree with her too, I didn't see that post as I was only looking at the latest page.    
We do something that's kind of in between the choices in the poll.   Shoes worn outdoors generally come off.  Then we wear either socks, flipflops, or slippers indoors.  That solves the tracking in dirt problem and the "gross feet" problem at the same time. lol   It makes a huuuuuge difference in my ability to keep floors clean, especially with a bunch of little kids who step in water, mud, dust, and dirt every chance they get.  They don't care for flipflops...
Um, OK, but that is your interpretation.  I don't know a single circumcising parent who thinks they "own" their child and is all gleeful at the ability to "permanently damage" them.  For parents who circ, that just isn't the thought process.  They do not consider it damage, but something beneficial.    Obviously MDC doesn't support it, and the anti-circ opinion is certainly a valid one, but IMO it doesn't help the case at all to assign deliberate, evil motivation to...
Out of curiosity, *how* would legislation recognizing personhood in the womb make a D&C for a *miscarriage* illegal?  It wasn't illegal prior to Roe v Wade (and actually "destructive delivery" has a very long history, prior to the modern technology)  To me it's like saying being against burying people alive would make burying dead people illegal.  The pro-life position has to do with life and the personhood attached to that life.  If that life has expired, I cannot...
Sure she has a choice.  She chooses to maintain that belief.  It is not an issue of salvation or standing with God, so it's not like she'd be thinking she'd go to hell if she stopped getting pregnant.
  The thing is, QF is about believing God knows best when it comes to family size, and that God gives each one for a purpose.   Abstinance because they didn't want another child would be, in the QF framework, no different than birth control, so they might as well use it if they reach that point.  The intent is the same.  It's the "We don't want more children/We are done." that is the issue, not whether they actually had more children.   Biblically (New Testament anyway),...
Even without the "assistance" debate, I tend to agree that LIHEAP is not really in the same category as welfare overall.  Even families with totally liveable incomes can find winter heat bills to be *very* difficult to manage.  We are keeping our heat at 60 and I am terrified of our bill for this month. :s  You can only control your usage so much--if you live in an area where you need heat--well, you need heat.   I'm interested to see the post about subsidies, never...
THis year we are in the watch every penny camp.  Started with 6 months of unemployment.  Half of dh's work income goes into paying off our (informal) mortgage to my dad, with whom we are far behind (not that he would forclose or anything, lol, but we don't feel right not paying up).  The other income we had, which was rental, has pretty much dried up completely.  *Nobody* is paying rent.  Eviction costs money.  One woman has been living in the house and only paid rent 5...
Hugs all around.
  I apologize, it was not my intent to jump on you, nor did I read your post as an attack.