or Connect

Posts by mamarootoo

Hey Mamas! I wanted to let you know that WoodHaven Preschool (in Beaverton) has a last minute opening in the Sunflower (kids who are 4 by September 1st) class for a boy or a girl! For more information go to the website (http://woodhavenschool.com/) or call for more info or a tour.
My SIL gave birth on the 13th. Baby was 11lbs 8oz, 22.5 in. She was tested for GD several times during pregnancy, but always tested slightly less than borderline. Baby lost about 16oz (less than 10% body weight) in the hospital, then gained back about 4oz by today (the 17th) at a Drs appointment. The pediatrician suggested limiting feedings to once every 3 hours during the day, and 4 hours at night, and not feeding more than 30min at each feeding. SIL told me...
I would tell her how much your girls are enjoying playing with it I don't think it's a problem to give "gender role" toys. I just think it's important that both "genders" are represented in the child's toy box, regardless of which genitalia the child possesses.
Quote: Originally Posted by Evie's Mama The distinct difference here is that she is trying to comfort him. Touching his head, singing to him so that he knows she's there, occasionally stopping to nurse, etc. is far different from crying alone in a crib. It doesn't help her to make her feel bad that she is in the situation and doesn't know what to do. My DD struggled with this too for the first few months of life. I found she liked sucking on my...
just wanted to offer s i'm entering my second TED week, and it is so hard! even though my baby's "colic" disappeared after 3 days, and i couldn't be happier that she's no longer screaming in pain 5 hours a day, i still kind of hat my life right now. i don't know if you have a Whole Foods near you, but i found a bunch of stuff there i can have on the Sears TED (crispy rice cold cereal, hot rice cereal, rice flour to make gravy from turkey drippings/broth, rice...
i think you've gotten all the advice i could give you about co-sleeping. i wanted to give you some hope for the future when dd1 was born, i couldn't let DH find his own way until she was about 10 months old. dd1 was/is very high need, and very sensitive to other people's stress. it wasn't until *i* calmed down about leaving them together that they were able to find their own way i think it's super important to spend as much time as possible together as a...
i was never able to get more than 1.5oz per breast w/ a medela pump in style pump, but dd1 was able to get 8oz! we weighed her before and after feedings when she wasn't gaining weight, to make sure she was getting enough
i hope this is the right forum for this! i eliminated dairy to see if it helped my my 7 week old dd's "colic." it did, but she's still reacting to something, so i'm going to try the elimination diet on Dr. Sears' website. is that a good one? is there a better one? there are no allergies in my family, and i don't really know anything about them. are there any good books or websites that could give me a place to start? i have looked through the resources thread, but i...
for you dd's bum, have you tried calmoseptine? it can be hard to find (they usually sell it at places where you can buy durable medical equipment) but it is the best thing ever for serious bum problems like that. it is mostly zinc oxide, but it also has menthol in it, which seems like it woud burn, but it doesn't. it does cause more blood flow to the area though, which promotes healing. we've only had to use it on dd once (for a few days) but it was a life saver when...
i was worried about this too, but it has been a very natural transition for our family. our 2yo still sleeps in the middle, and i have our 7 week old between me and the edge of the bed. dd1 can sleep through (even go to sleep when) dd2 is crying... which was a lot until i cut dairy out!