or Connect

Posts by melon

I've seen monkey mamas at the zoo tell their nurseling to screw off when she was busy or preoccupied. Very natural. Nursing a toddler doesn't mean giving in to his every whim. He has boundaries, just like many other things in his life. At 2 yo my guy does not need to nurse all day. He gets it when he needs it.... No guilt here! Lol
No advice, but in a similar situation. DS is 17 mos, and wakes every 2 hours or so at night to nurse. I need him to night wean. I'm so tired and my back is so kinked from laying on my side. He likes to play with the other (sore nippled) boob while he nurses, so I spend all night defending the non nursing breast, and I can't just drift off while he nurses. He never took a bottle or paci. He has a very hot temper and the more we try to soothe him, the angrier he gets. He...
No playing with or squishing the non nursing boob. Also, no blowing raspberries while latched.   oh yea, and no climbing on mommy's face while latched.
we went at 3 yo, and the ped dentist said that was fine. He said that they do recommend coming in at 1 yo,  but mostly to educate the parents, like tell them to brush their kids' teeth, avoid soda and juice, etc. So if you use good judgement, i'm sure 3 is fine. If we had family history of dental problems i would go sooner.
(Personally, I do not know any adults who scream and arch their back when getting into the car.)   I try to discipline as gently as possible, but some of these suggestions are absurd. My kids are 3yo and 15 mo. 12 mo is BORDERLINE too early for discipline. A 12mo can learn, and they NEED to learn a lot of things so as not to become monster toddlers.   If your kid doesn't want to go in the carseat you don't go out? That's ridiculous. Sometimes you have to go out,...
STOP RUNNNNNING THE GIANT METAL DUMPTRUCK UP AND DOWN THE HALLWAY. STOP RUNNING. STOP CRASHING. Stop filling it with shoes, blocks, fish food, and other random objects, and stop SMASHING it into the ground and crashing into your brother. I am SO MAD at my awesome friend who bought you that truck. STOP RUNNING STOP SMASHING STOP CRASHING STOP RUUUUUNNNNNIINNNG AND CRRAAAASSHHING. AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!
thermos foogoos for us too. Or the Funtainer ones with the characters. Hate the characters but they are 2 oz bigger than the foogoos. I wash my thermoses by hand, and use a bottle nipple brush for the straws. Never a mold problem. I've heard you can order replacement straws and lids directly from thermos, but I haven't tried yet. The insulated ones are $15-20 so when our button broke, I bought a non-insulated one for 5.99. The lids are interchangeable.   For...
Not so much for babes, but tuck this away for 2+ years from now: magazine subscriptions (Nat Geo Kids, Highlights, etc) arts and crafts supplies (stickers, paints, sidewalk chalk, etc) outdoor toys, bikes, scooters, playhouses, slides, tee ball, basketball.....  
Not a cure-all, but it helps both my 2.5 yo and my 5 mo sleep better if there is white noise on. We have one of those heartbeat things that goes off on a timer and comes back on if baby moves it. it's great. I think it's called an audio pacifier or something like that.