or Connect

Posts by CaliforniaMommy

My almost 4yo got a pretty deep cut on her lip doing a face plant against the bathroom door jam. It required 6 stitches (2 inside, 4 outside). She isn't vaccinated yet and the docs are pressuring us to give her a tetanus shot, most likely the dtap. They told me at the ER we should do it within 72 hours, which will be in about 12 hours. I'm torn. Any recommendations on this situation?
Thanks. It was so well written, and brought tears to my eyes at the time... I really wish someone can remember... Thank you.
I'm looking for a CIO poem I read a while back either in a Mothering magazine, or a blog, I just can't remember. It was from the baby's perspective, talking in first person about how her mom wasn't picking her up anymore when crying, etc. Would anyone know what poem I'm talking about? Thanks!
Thanks for the replies! So, I guess we'll just have to wait it out. We've protected the mattress with a cover, so we are safe with that, and it's only extra laundry at this point. I hate to encourate my DD to go back to diapers though, as she feels so proud not to wear any, anymore... But I guess she isn't quite ready for that step yet.   It's probably all over the place, but is there any age when they are more likely to master that develpmental stage?   Thanks...
My DD just turned 3.5 recently and decided she no longer wanted to wear diapers at night (she stopped wearing diapers around 2yo during the day time). We had talked about it for a little while, without pressure, but she knows that some of her friends no longer wear diapers at night, while others still do. I had told her to let me know when she would feel ready to try going without... Well, she decided that a week ago was the night to start... Fine with us, except that...
Thanks for the information, and suggestions. I haven't seen my OB yet, so I haven't been checked yet, but hopefully all is normal, based on the comments above. That's reassuring! :-)
Thanks for all the replies. I see that it mostly has to do with personality than anything else. This is really reassuring. Thanks again.
We have a 3yo daughter, and just had a beautiful and healthy little boy 4 weeks ago. I think I was secretly hoping to have a girl again though, even though I wasn't admitting it, as I have so enjoyed raising our DD so far. I am now having a hard time coming to terms with having a boy, and I'm still getting used to the idea.    One of my concerns is whether having siblings of different gender might be harder to raise than siblings of the same gender. I imagined...
I had a wonderful HBAC 4 weeks ago. I did tear a little (not sure if it's a 1st or 2nd degree tear, but it required a few stiches). The stitches seem to be healing ok so far, although I'm feeling some constant rubbing down there when walking as if I had a tampon out of place; not sure if it's from the thread that hasn't fallen off yet, or from scar tissue... I haven't had my 6-week pp visit yet, so I'll find out then.   My concern though is the vagina opening...
I have heard from many friends it is a good idea to have your toddler receive a gift from the newborn baby to ease the transition for the toddler. I'm expecting #2 this July, and our DD will be 3y4mo when the baby is born. Do you have any suggestions on what is a good gift for my DD from her little brother/sister when he/she is born?   I initially thought of a baby doll, but she already has a Waldorf baby doll that she adores, so I'm not sure giving her another...