or Connect

Posts by CaliforniaMommy

@redpajamas: What did you do at night? Were they dry at night right away, or did you have to put diapers on them for a while? Or did they go without but had the occasional accident at night? Thanks.
My DD chipped one of her front teeth when she was 17mo or so. It was a pretty good chip, so I took her to a pediatric dentist for evaluation. I recommend a pediatric dentist, as they are much more used to dealing with toddlers, and you want them to have a good experience for future visits. The dentist pretty much told me that since she isn't in pain, the nerve isn't exposed, so it's best to leave it as-is. She could do some cosmetic work on it, but she didn't recommend...
2 isn't too young for your first dentist visit. I took my DD for her first visit when she was 18mo, as I could see she was already developing some plaque. We have a wonderful pediatric dentist in town who actually got my DD to sit on her chair and removed the plaque sucessfully. My DD had a great experience there. The dentist also gave us some tips on how to brush her teeth, and also floss (yes, floss... especially since her teeth are really close to each other, so she'll...
My DD (turning 2 at the end of March) is really good at sharing toys (relative to other toddlers her age). However, it seems that sharing "space" isn't as easy for her, especially if it's with a toddler/kid she doesn't know. For example, at the playground, she loves to practice going up and down the stairs. If another toddler tries to go past her, and somewhat gets in her way, she may slap that toddler, or try to kick him/her, or even grab the face with her fingers...
On a forum like this one, I usually say my DD is 22 months, as it usually has to do with developmental milestones, and there is often a big difference between let's say a 15-month old and a 22-month old toddler. So, listing the age in months is useful. I don't anticipate using months after she turns 2 though, unless there is a specific reason for it. When talking to poeple, I usually refer to her as "almost 2", or "she'll be 2 in late March". I find that most...
If someone can help me figure out what "wha-whee" stand for, I will be forever grateful... My 22mo DD drew 3 similar shapes on paper today, telling me they were "wha-whees", but I have no clue what she means. I have gone as far as figuring out they are animals or fish, as she claims they are at the zoo (this doesn't mean they are zoo animals by the way!!! They could be bugs for that matter...). I also had her look at all the pages of an animal book to tell me which...
Thanks for all the suggestions. Tonight, I ended up scrubbing her scalp pretty good with my fingernails while washing her hair (until she started complaining), and then also used the brush from Safety 1st (which I used before), to loosen up the scales. I then put a fair amount of conditioner to make sure I would be able to use the finetooth comb side of the brush to scrape the scalp after detangling her hair. I was happy to see that I was able to get quite a bit of it...
My 22mo DD seems to have a bit of flaky white skin on part of the top of her head. She has quite a bit of hair to it's hard to check, but I noticed it mostly where the hair parts. Even then, the light has to be just right to notice it. Occasionally, she has also been scratching her head, so it might be itching a bit. She had a bit of cradle cap on/off before turning one, so I assume it's the same, but not sure. I used olive oil to loosen it up and a very fine tooth comb...
I was in the same boat you were before Xmas, trying to buy my 21mo DD her first doll. I ended up going with the Camden doll at Palumba. She really likes it. I initially wanted to get her a baby, but I couldn't find anything I liked in my price range, so I went with this one. She really likes it so far, and will often hold her in her arms while falling asleep, nursing (along with a bunch of her other stuffed animals, ). I was a bit nervous buying it without seeing/feeling...
Quote: Good job is not inheritanly bad and the occasional good job doesn't bother me in the least. if I notice him getting lots of them then I just follow up with specifics. say we are out at the playground and someone says good job when he swung off of the jungle gym. I would say "yes- he really used muscles to swing down from there" or if we are at the library and the librarian says good job when he picked up a book that he dropped. I would "yes it is...