or Connect

Posts by abbylotus

As a vegan I most certainly seek out relationships with other like minded people. I find people who actively live a life of compassion, as I do, kindred spirits.  I don't feel that's being elitist on my part. I do not, however, restrict my kids' social life and interactions with animal eaters. To each their own. 
It wasn't really a big deal when we transitioned into veganism from vegetarianism for the kids. My kids are older, however, and get the ethical ideal behind it. At ages 9 and 11 they have a understanding of what it all means. It is an ethical decision for us so we don't mourn happy meals or other things. Socially, it can be difficult, but certainly not undoable. Good luck!
Thank you:-). So very true. Thanks.
Hey, ladies. I blocked his posts from my timeline. I actually talked to him today and he apologized for making things uncomfortable for me and said he never wanted to hurt me, but he really is "in love," etc. It was an amicable conversation considering. I did ask him not to go through my line anymore. Our city if pretty small and where I work is the only local and organic grocery store so he pretty much needs to come in and shop. It'll be fine. Ultimately, I am happy...
Oh, thanks, ladies. They came in again today and it really sucked. Thankfully, it was at the end of my shift and I was able to remove myself from the situation. I am going to hide his posts. I just checked FB and he posted a picture of their dinner and it was the BEST meal he ever ate, and he thanked his "love." Uh. It wasn't that long ago I made the best meal he had ever eaten and he called me his love. I feel physically ill, yo. Mentally, it's in check, but when I see...
I just can't get down with the dairy free cheese substitutes. So processed. I make a pretty tasty "cheese" sauce with raw cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic, random spices, braags and almond milk. Blend it up and BAM -- cheese like goodness. I have added it to pasta, used it as a dip and have put it on pizza. Pretty tasty. When we went dairy free, I gave cheese a farewell wave and became comfortable cooking better alternatives. Sure, my kids weren't exactly thrilled at...
Just a follow up -- I haven't bought honey since I started this thread. In fact, I ended up giving it away to a friend back in March. I'm not down with feeling bad about what I eat. Honey didn't sit well with me. I am not comfortable consuming or buying anything animal related and my old desire for honey sweetness was making me feel crappy. I didn't replace it with another sweetener. I don't miss it. 
Interesting ideas on leather here. I'm a broke vegan that can't afford to buy new shoes. My shoes are pre veganism but high quality and are going to last for long time. I'm mostly ok with that, but have gotten called out on them before. I will replace with non leather when it's needed. I purged my house of leather bags, vintage furs and vintage leather boots. I'm just not down with that jazz, it doesn't settle well with me anymore. I will not, however, get rid of my car...
I need to get this out because it is burning me up and I am a peaceful person, but OY!!! My husband died over two years ago. I didn't date until this fall. I met an amazing dude. It was really whirlwind and serious. I thought I had met a life partner. Our relationship was fantastic. A month ago he went away for five days to present at a conference and came home with a total change of heart. It was like a light switch. I was really hurt, but I was under the assumption...
My gentleman friend and I are no longer romantically an item. The reality of my world became too much and he bailed. No hard feelings. Better to know now. We're still friendly and are going to co-garden together. He's a GEAT guy...peaceful, mega intelligent, twenty year vegetarian, outdoor loving, well read and versed, etc, etc, etc. I really thought I had met a stand up partner in crime for the long haul, but, alas, it isn't meant to be. I'm one rad mofo and my two...