or Connect

Posts by sweetjasmine

I think investing in nearly anything, period, is mostly a luck of the draw, incredible timing and a talent and sixth sense for that sort of thing. For me, personally, I feel like I have no business investing my hard earned money. Of course, the alternatives are low rate savings accounts and zero compounding mattresses. From what I understand about the stock market, specifically, is that within a given time frame you will come out even, that is, you will make about as...
Congrats to you!! My second marriage is to a man seven years younger than me with 5 children, the youngest of whom stay with us every other weekend. I also have a kindy grandson and two grandbaby girls!! With stepchildren who are still minors and then grandkids also, it's surreal for me, too!
My key:   budgeted spending true no-spend day       over budget unexpected spending ooops! I fell off the wagon...     1  Stayed in over the weekend putting away decorations and the tree.  2 3
  a. Who we are Dh and I, both WOH full time. Five stepkids - the two youngest, 13 and 17 years old, stay with us every other weekend. We have three grandchildren ages 5 years, 20 months and 8 months. I include them because we help them out financially from time to time. b. Where we are going (your financial goals) I quit last year's no-spend challenge several months early. I had been doing so well but then I started spending more than I wanted. Truthfully, it was...
Thank you, OP! I got 10% off and free shipping!!
My sister in Ohio had bedbugs earlier this year. One day just before summer started her youngest daughter, 7 years old, woke up with her face, neck and hands covered in little red marks. They discovered the bugs in her pillowcase. They were also in the crevices of the mattress underneath the sheet. Then her oldest daughter started waking up with the bites. I don't think her middle daughter had them in her room but all three girls slept in the living room for months while...
Yes, and I don't understand why they do that and why don't they just tell us the truth so we can get on with the business of turning things around no matter how difficult it may be? I think it just lulls some people into a false sense of security. For me and my family though, I don't want to take any chances. I want to be frugal and save as much as I can. I keep hearing "they're just kicking the can down the road." In other words, if we don't take austerity measures...
The so-called "positive movement" doesn't even begin to compare to normal levels in prior years. It's positive only in the sense that it isn't going downhill anymore or remaining flat. That's not cause to declare that the recession is over as far as I'm concerned. Poor criteria in my book but that's how some economists and most talking heads view it.
OP, love your signature! I miss the old format, too. I do NOT like this new one!   Anyway, back on topic, I'm a bit antsy, too. There are just not alot of good numbers/stats out there that warrants short-term optimism, imo. And long term? Not sure either. I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling that the US glory days are over. Too many strong up and comers as far as other countries in the world these days and we just keep digging ourselves deeper as far as the economy,...