or Connect

Posts by sweetjasmine

The article quotes someone as saying that the economy is slowly recovering. I just don't see how. I suppose it could be said that it is but the rate of recovery is far, far below what the norm was before the recession. The government's "official" unemployment numbers of around 8-9% don't tell the whole story. If you count those whose UE ran out, those who took part time jobs because no full time jobs are available and those so discouraged that they quit looking altogether...
I gave my daughter's friends snacks only if she happened to be hungry at the time they were at my house. Then it was some crackers or cookies. And water or koolaide. They all seemed happy with that and went right back to playing.
Quote: Originally Posted by MyTwoAs Wow 2 years, that is good that you're still here - even with bumps in the road. I admire your persistence. I originally started DR back in 2008...I only lasted a few months. *blush* I'm seven months in this time, though. I wish my persistence were a little more consistent! I'm glad I'm back in this thread, I really need the motivation and accountability. Mytwoas, seven months is very good! I'm afraid of...
We had to prepay about 4 years ago for a procedure for my husband, $500. Then last year when he had foot surgery we had to prepay $1k which, what?? They never told us either time!! We had to put it on a cc. We're in Texas, btw. I guess next time we'll ask although why they didn't let us know beforehand is beyond me.
My daughter and her husband recently bought a gently used Ford Explorer. It seats 5 and then there's an extra seat in the back that can be raised from the floor for a total of 6 seats. They have a 5 year old, 16 month old and 3 month old. Even with the seat up in the back there's room for some cargo. I don't know what kind of mileage it gets, she mainly uses it for very short trips running errands around town a few times a week. ETA: Meant to add that the stroller...
Quote: Originally Posted by MyTwoAs Sweetjasmine - How long have you been plugging away at BS2? Ugh, two years maybe? We have one cc and a car loan. The cc is an emergency card but I've racked up about $800 on it over the past year. My goal was to pay off whatever I charged but I haven't been doing that. Shame on me! And about 2 years ago I started making extra payments on the car but then quit and let it ride for months without making...
Key No spend day Budgeted spend Unplanned spend July 5. 6. Dr appt and Rx. picked up items forgotten over the weekend plus some extra. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15.
Quote: Originally Posted by ltlmrs Since having Ladybug, I've grown up a lot. Most recently, I've realized that part of being a mature adult is recognizing that effort, without shortcuts, is worth it. Not only is it worth it, but it should be enjoyable. The effort I put into getting dressed and looking nice for my family, the effort I put into cleaning and making my surroundings pleasant, and the effort I put into making nourishing and filling meals...
Still plugging away at BS2. Seems like I've been there forever!