or Connect

Posts by Robinmama

I had blood blisters on my nipples. We got a paci. DD still uses it to sleep only. She is 3. When she is ready, she will give it up. I will not force her. Waaay back someone commented that older children have pacis because the parents are lax with discipline. My discipline does not involve forcing my darling daughter to give up her dearly treasured paci any more than I would voluntarially toss away my most treasured down pillow that I even pack in my knapsack...
I rewceived an email from Diana West, the author of a book on breastfeeding after reduction and owner of a web site about it. She summed it up really well: you shouldn't look for zebras when the problem may be horses. She said that any good exam by a LC involves a check of the child's suck reflex as well as a visual exam of the child's mouth. I am glad that some of you were able to make it work in the circumstances! I had milk. I was a terrible pumper, and of...
Today at the dentist the final chapter of my BF relationship with my 3 yo dd was written. A long long time ago I had breast reduction. I had a devil of a time breastfeeding, blood blisters and cracked nipples, tons of pumping, supplementing at the breastm finger feeding, feeding with a cup, you name it. All of the people who met with us to try and help us all looked at me and said, "your dd is feeding this way because you can't get enough milk out. Your ducts are...
My dd is 3 and we never let her CIO. But a good friend who had her baby 10 days before I did ferberized her son when he was 6 months old. I found it heartbreaking, and so did she. She would call me for support while he was screaming and it was really hard to be loving toward her at those times.... but I was, and I'll tell you why. My friend was raised in a strict household. She is a very orderly person. She was really struggling with motherhood. Her marriage was...
My dd is 3 and we never let her CIO. But a good friend who had her baby 10 days before I did ferberized her son when he was 6 months old. I found it heartbreaking, and so did she. She would call me for support while he was screaming and it was really hard to be loving toward her at those times.... but I was, and I'll tell you why. My friend was raised in a strict household. She is a very orderly person. She was really struggling with motherhood. Her marriage was...
I agree 100% Curious! I did not mean to try and shut down the thread by mentioning TCS. I just wanted to identify where I was coming from. To me, these are all different ideas and theories and sometimes one works better than another in a particular situation. Sometimes one theory works better between two particular people (like a mama and bebe). People get "attached" (lol) to labels. I know a woman who still nurses her 1 year old on demand in the daytime , but...
I am AP with some TCS thrown in, not CC. I don't think that being child centred means hovering constantly waiting to give your child her every need and wish. But if we are at playgroup and my dd (who is 3) does not want to leave and I don't have some pressing appointment, why not stay? If we are walking home and she wants to turn right and I do not have some good reason not to, why not turn right? But if I have to (for example) be somewhere at a specific time, I will...
That book, Endangered Minds, is fantastic! We are fortunate enough to have a house with enough rooms that our tv is upstairs in a guest room/ tv room. My 3 year old dd largely plays downstairs and outside, so the tv is out of sight. Recently we were invited to a birthday party where Bob the Builder was attending, so to prepare her we rented a video. Well, in my opinion, it is violent! The music is obnoxious and loud and the trucks are constantly smashing things. In...
muslimmama is correct -- I received an email about it this morning and wanted to correct this. Her APPEAL is scheduled for June 3. For more information specific to this case, click on this link: http://web.amnesty.org/pages/nga-010902-background-eng
Please take five minutes to try and save a mother's life, and please, PASS THE WORD.... Remember, this is the government that killed Ken Saro-Wiwa: The Nigerian supreme court has upheld the death >sentence for Amina Lawal, who was condemned for the >crime of adultery. She is to be buried up to her neck >and stoned to death. Her death has been postponed for >one month so that she can continue to nurse her baby. > >Amina's case is being handled by the...