or Connect

Posts by heatherdeg

This looks like it was supposed to go in another thread but wound up being an orphan post...?
If you Google for "toddler busy bags", "toddler activity bags" or "toddler travel bags" you'll find a lot of really great ideas!!  You don't need to put them in bags, but the ideas might be helpful.
    My cousin is legendary for this.  She is now 42 and there's no noticeable health backlash from it.
Just to chime in on the baby-wearing: we have had at least 5 infants in our care including our only biochild--who absolutely could not ever tolerate being worn.   They all responded to it differently and we HAVE had the experience of an under 2yo taking to being worn pretty well.  I realize you already know it will depend on the child, but there's a chance.   And regardless of the fictive kin/kith & kin rules, I believe that anyone with a significant and ongoing...
I'm completely loving this thread.  My husband speaks Italian, I speak French but one of our children is adopted and Latina.  Thrilled to have all the suggestions here because her preschool once/week Spanish class is clearly not cutting it.  I can't keep the subtle differences in the Roman-based languages straight.  Hoping my kids will.
I had a former foster daughter that we had for the first 10 months of her life.  She did the same thing to me.  It was short-lived, but it was a good cry.  And same thing--we didn't leave her, she wasn't scared or anything.  And I'm going to bet I probably have an old post here trying to figure it out, too, because the LAST thing I wanted (especially for a child that wasn't with her mama already) was to have this little one suffer any more trauma.   And she totally...
I agree with LindaOnTheMove... I don't see handwriting as even being a particularly relevant skill in this day and age; and have struggled with whether to even bother pushing it with my ds9.  He writes legibly enough to fill out a doctor's health history form and employment application or a check.  Not small enough, but I suspect he will get there with time.   We work on hand muscle strength.  Gymnastics, throwing a baseball and catching (which actually does work a...
Hmmm... yeah--I just tried it and it's a problem.  We had some kind of system release yesterday and I'm wondering if it's related.  Will bump it up to admin.     Please hold... 
Wow... that's a good one...?  I'm not sure what that could be.  Have you called the farm you get it from to ask?  It might just be dirt, but even so--I haven't found that in my milk.
I feel ya.  We were staying at a friend's house in another state when my 4yo tried to back-handedly call our hostess fat and when we were not getting it loud and clear (I was, but trying to redirect) she came right out and said she was fat.     I was beyond stunned.  Our family NEVER even TALKS about people being overweight (which is ironic given my job as a health coach--but truly, it just never comes up because I'm not usually dealing with that).   Our...