or Connect

Posts by heatherdeg

I think you are talking about there being extra mucous WHEN SHE IS SICK... right?  Not just in general being phlegm-y or mucous-y?   Black elderberry syrup (you can buy it or make it at home) is pretty well regarded for respiratory system support both in a preventative and a reactive nature.  Beyond that, I only know of the reactive stuff.   Reactively, you can increase elderberry syrup dosing.  If it gets into the chest, there's a product by Ridgecrest Herbals called...
--especially the sleep and anxiety.  :(   And just to help ease your worry--I have a cyst in my brain.  I was told that in this day and age, most of them are found by sheer coincidence or accident while looking for/at other problems.  In your case--probably in investigating the bleed... kwim?  Mine was found while investigating a 9-day long migraine that rendered me unable to drive (I had migraines a lot back then) but they didn't even attribute the cyst to the...
OMG, if not for this community I would've had nowhere to turn when I had questions about how to change my and my children's lives!!!  Even when this group didn't have THEE answer, they knew how to help me get to the answers!  Or at minimum, they totally understood the things that bothered me, but not the people around me--and having that feeling of being "heard" and understood was so empowering.  It's the first place I turn when I have an "outside of the mainstream"...
Bumping for you!  You might want to x-post to the Multicultural Families forum!
When you sift through all of the dietary theory and all of the research (I did a butt-load of it), a baseline of agreed upon wisdom appears.  And you will notice that these guidelines pretty much overlap most eating plans/diets “out there”.  The things I find that they have in common:   Heavy emphasis on vegetables/vegetables being the bulk of your food intake–in all colors. Water as the main beverage if not the only beverage. Eating foods that are as...
You might want to try the Illinois forum in Finding Your Tribe.   http://www.mothering.com/community/f/86/missouri-illinois-iowa   Worst case, you can post to the NapervilleHomeEducators group.  The moderator there might have some resources for you!  I know there was a family or two IN Chicago proper on there for a while, but not sure exactly where.
 I panic leaving the crock on while I'm gone all day (when I was gone all day) but I'm a huge fan of bulk cooking dinners for the freezer.  We even have an extra freezer (thank you, Freecycle & Craigslist... and some cleaning :)  ).   As for the little one, google "Toddler travel bags" or "toddler activity bags".  You can make those up and give him something fun to do when you need to get something done.   He's old enough to help with laundry (take it to laundry...
  Responding to ^^, for my own child, I was always focused on the positive interactions and FTR, I only ever paid attention to tantrums when he was going to physically hurt himself or someone else in the home.  Sorry--but some kids are simply responding to something other than their parents.  As was the case with mine.   But I also wanted to just make sure that we stay in line with the Mothering guidelines.  Physically hurting a child is not in line with that.
The issues have been addressed and the UA cited for both sides of this. Maybe we can move forward and focus on how to help the OP.
Most of the doctors are not really familiar with diet modification for behavior or sensory issues.  You can scan the special needs forum, but some of the first things people turn to (especially in the spectrum) is removing gluten, casein and soy.   But checking blood sugar balance could be a much quicker thing.  If he's eating starches or sugars (including fruits and fruit juices) without fats and proteins, you could either just remove them or ensure he's got some...