or Connect

Posts by heatherdeg

Not entirely uncommon, but at least you know.  My 9yo can't take it in goat but we haven't tried sheep (I want to say goat would be easier than sheep but I honestly can't recall--I didn't have access to sheep until just recently)
   about your experience. 
I just want to second a lot of what fizgig said (even though she was already seconding some of what I posted earlier!  ).   Our family had both good and bad ABA experiences, but ultimately found a therapist covered as ABA although she was far more a Floortime type of therapist (we even connected her to the org to get certified in it).  But we had all the same concerns about it as Greenspan (reading his book "The Child With Special Needs" is really awesome,...
       But on the flip side, at least now you KNOW their motivations!  Here's what I don't get: the actual DOCTORS haven't changed, right?  Didn't those doctors have the ability to do this before the change in ownership??  I'm wondering if the actual doctors that have been handling your son care when he comes in.   And yeah, how ARE they defining "special needs"???      
My ds is 9yo and his delays started at (or rather, were noticed by a new doctor) at 8mo.  We have been through a. lot.  So here are the things I would throw out there...   First, speech delays alone don't dictate a PDD-NOS dx.  And really, insurance companies generally won't even accept an autism spectrum diagnosis on a child under 3yo just because there are SO. MANY. other things the symptoms can look like (including "slow end of normal").  So I wouldn't...
I think it's more likely that they're trying to reconfigure their practice to better accommodate special needs patients and have applied the policy with a broad brushstroke rather than considering the individual patients that they have a longstanding history with.   I would call them back (if there's time before the appointment) and talk to the office manager.  Tell them that while you appreciate that they are likely trying to make changes that better accommodate...
  What's to attack about any of that...?  (I'm not being snarky, I'm asking honestly)   But I think that any allergen has potential to cause swelling.  And human breastmilk also has casein in it.  Casein proteins differ by the animal (for instance: people with cow's milk casein intolerance can sometimes tolerate goat's milk because their casein proteins are slightly different).  I'm wondering if the lactose would be the same, but it's definitely not something I've...
Okay... just bought some.  Organic Valley cultured pasture butter for $6.99/lb.
Chopra as in Deepak Chopra and the Chopra Center.  If you google his name and 21-day challenge, it should come up.   And traveling with such a little one sounds beyond stressful.  For everyone.  Hugs, mama.