or Connect

Posts by heatherdeg

Are you nervous or stressed?  Did you worry about this happening before things got bad?  My 4yo (TO. THIS. DAY) literally feeds on the slightest bit of stress in me.  What's worse is that when I truly need a minute or two to regain myself, she needs to be near me all the more (which has been a real challenge).  She's just INSANELY attuned to my emotions--almost like she feels the vibe magnified.  It's really weird.   Can you try meditation?  There's another Chopra...
    Regardless, I just want to reiterate that spanking (in any form--even a tap) is not a philosophy that MDC will host discussion on.   Let's please keep the conversation on non-physical alternatives to handling the situation.
There are multiple types of tests for allergies--skin and blood tests (and even multiple types of blood tests).  There is so much debate about it, but we had the good fortune of having a great immunologist early on who told us "The gold standard is to remove the suspect and look for a reaction."  It's not convenient and doesn't give us a sheet of paper to "validate" anything--but really, it's the best way to know.   It's possible that if you had an intolerance to...
This is actually a really interesting question since there's a soaking method that involves "fermenting" where you add some of the old soak water (kept in the fridge if you don't need it right away) to the next batch of soak water.   FWIW, I have managed to soak mine until it stinks.  Someone told me "Oh!  Don't worry!  It'll just sprout!  Just change the water and you'll be fine!" but I really never saw it sprout (literally five days in or more) and it stunk even...
This is an old thread.  I'm not sure it serves the community to revive it in a negative spirit.
Cultured butter is made from fermented cream as opposed to fresh cream.  So the fermenting process changes the taste and the ingredients.  For instance, cultured butter is supposed to have less lactose in it.  Sweet butter is unsalted butter made from fresh cream.   Best I can get here is from the farm.  But in the stores, Organic Valley Pasture Butter is the best I can get.  It's cultured butter from grassfed animals.  I honestly have no clue what it costs here but...
I don't have any tips because I don't can meat, and I've had some trouble with chili.  Someone told me not to fill the jars all the way if I'm canning chili--leaving like 1/4 of the jar unfilled... which just seems weird, but I had a lot of leakage and they told me that's how they always did it.   Otherwise, I know that I've had wicked problems because I was cooking my soups before canning them; and then the heat of pressure canning them made them taste horrible...
coest--I had to delete the link to the product you're considering because it's a fundraising campaign.   But, to your point, I think if you just remove the screens from them and put them where the kids can't get at them, they'll adjust.  I have had to do this when our family hit crisis mode and the kids had WAY more screen time (as a means of "electronic babysitting") than I was comfortable with or was good for them (I happen to have one that gets aggressive with too...
I am SO your daughter.  Even to this day (as I look at my nails that are currently wider than they are longer).  And because I had divorced parents (it was pretty vicious) and lived with my mother (who we really should've been removed from--and left on our own when I was TWELVE) people thought it was nerves.  And that looked logical.   But it continued on even to this day and as an adult, I got fake nails put on.  The second they were anything but smooth--I BIT THEM...
On one hand, that's a tiny baby to try to break of that.  On the other hand, I am STILL putting down a 4yo (and most nights, a 9yo  )... so I see where panic could set in.  None-the-less, I'm not sure how you would go about getting him to nap alone.  Have you tried wearing him while he naps so you can get around more?