or Connect

Posts by racheleuphoria

I'm so sorry to hear that.  I don't say it serves you right.  It's a bummer all the way around. I think TTC is one of the only times when being an optimist becomes a liability.  I have the same problem!
This item is sold.  Thanks!  
Here is what I have from the Kindergarten package: Books: Teaching Guides I, II and III. The Enki homeschool workbooks Learning through movement: Seasons and skills Learning through movement: Book II Teaching guides: Early childhood education. Starting up booklet Enki Kindergarten crafts. Community and festival songs. Folk and fairy tales. Nature tales. CD/DVDs: Enki kindergarten reference cd. Enki kindergarten songs cd. Enki community songs cd. Enki...
The bottom line is that only you know what is best for your family.  It doesn't sound like YOU are questioning your decision one bit.  Maybe you need some one-liners to get them off your back?  I'm not so clever with those, but I wish I could help! It sounds like you've had an awesome year.  The memories you are giving your kids of being together and learning with excitement are WAY worth any distraction you carry when baby is young.  Hey, they'll also learn more about...
I second the Einstein book.  It's so good!  I also agree that now is a great time to investigate all your options and try to get a feel for what style fits your family.  That's a big project, so if you have the energy to do it now, dive in!  
Welcome to homeschooling!  I totally sympathize with how overwhelming it all is at the beginning. So many choices and you just want to jump in because it's so much to take on in figuring it out.  I have to agree with Jen that it's reaching to suggest a curriculum to you because that's such a personal decision and you haven't shared your motivations for homeschooling, your personality, your family's style, your goals, your budget, etc.    I suggest you spend some time...
When I was choosing resources for my daughter's 1st grade Waldorf year, I bought several different sets of stuff used through the Waldorf yahoo group that sells lots of used Waldorf resources.  I looked at everything in person, devouring it, and then resold what I didn't want.  On what I resold, I only lost the cost of shipping!  I highly recommend spending time now to buy resources of interest, look them over and then plan for the new year.  You really do have to see...
Yes, I do! I am a quilter and blogger, so I do some of these things on homeschooling days (during rest time or after they go to bed, mainly) and also have dedicated work days on Monday and Thursday.  With only a first grader and preschooler, 3 days a week is plenty of time for dedicated school.  She is doing really well!
I'm hoping you can give me some perspective here.  My son daytime potty trained pretty easy, around 3 years old.  And, at 3 years old when we were potty training, he also suddenly stopped wetting during the night.  From 3 to 4 he was completely dry every single night, as a rule.  Somewhere around 3.5 he started having pee accidents during the day after having been dry for quite awhile. These occurred often when he was playing outside and probably didn't want to have to...
Yes, what he PP said is a VERY good idea. Spend your money on an inspiring Waldorf resource for yourself. That will go a long way!