or Connect

Posts by La Rune

The midwife I used last time flaked out on me (how I ended up with a c-section, long story) so obviously I won't be using her again. There are no others within traveling distace to be able to homebirth, and there are no birth centers within traveling distance for me to drive to. So I'm left with OBs. I think I've found the best one possible. I've heard that as far as pushing positions whatever you want goes, she BFed her kids, etc. Plus my great ped has privileges...
I'm struggling with this and my poor DD is only 13 months old. She has always been a high-needs baby, and I have to admit, that made me angry. I have no tolerance for screaming. Crying I can take, it makes me feel like helping a child ... screaming is a different story. It makes me want to just shut. them. UP. And she has been a screamer from Day 1. Even when I was wearing her, nursing her, bouncing her, and getting nothing for myself, she screamed...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gentle~Mommy :) Do you still have milk? I lost mine by the time I was 6 weeks pregnant with my second. I have enough. I still get full if she goes a few hours without nursing, and she hasn't increased her solids intake much, if at all. Hard to tell since it always changed from day to day! I'm still afraid it'll be gone in a month or so though.
I never expected to be thinking about nightweaning at 13 months. I had forgotten about that too ... nursing in bed is killing my back now! I can barely move afterward! Everything is really stiff since I got pregnant and trying to lie still so she'll fall asleep again doesn't help at all. That just pales in comparison to the nipple pain. I hardly remember it. She understands more than I guess a typical 13mo would ... she has 4 spoken words and at least 20 signs. ...
DD is 13 months old and I am 14 weeks pregnant. Besides the normal pregnancy soreness, I also have a spot on my breast where her (new) teeth have rubbed me raw. I can't seem to get it to heal because every night it reopens. The only position that keeps any teeth from touching that spot, is upside down, with her over my shoulder, which doesn't work at night (wakes her up, plus I'm too groggy to position her right). We're nursing one-sided too, so I can't just use the...
I have one too! She's a couple days over 10 months and she's been walking a couple of weeks now. She's getting good. I'd never seen a baby so tiny walk before ... gosh it's cute! Be proud!
ITA, I hate one-piece outfits with a passion. DD wears a shirt and pants, occasionally a dress and knee socks. Target has baby socks with long tops, that would help keep her legs warm.
I see a lot of people misunderstanding that 1 and 20 is the minumum. They think 1 and 20 (or common around here, 1 OR 20) means you HAVE TO put them in a FF seat. Several people in parking lots have told me I have DD's seat installed "backwards". It's a RF Titan. They don't realize convertible seats can RF! Once their babies outgrow the bucket seats, they buy a convertible seat, install it FF, and stick the baby in it even if they're not 20 pounds or a year old. My...
A friend of mine is pregnant and has been living in Arkansas. She needs to know whether she's better off moving back here (NOLA area) or staying where she is (Bentonville area). I know I heard about one midwife in LA losing her license over a VBAC, but I don't know the details/whether it's truly illegal, or whether she'd be able to find an underground midwife here. Ditto for Arkansas, can midwives attend a VBAC? And what would she be looking at for a hospital VBAC,...
Eh, we had a nursery ... BIL's son had moved to a toddler bed so they just gave us his whole set of furniture. Since the room was full of furniture I went ahead and put sheets in the crib, got a pad for the changing table, etc. We don't even go in there. I had her clothes in the armoire and all my diapers set up on the changing table. But I realized I don't really like walking all the way across the house first thing in the morning, to change her and get her...