or Connect

Posts by MamaKickyPants

That sucks! As others have said, you need to start saying a cheery 'no thanks, I'm fine!' whenever she pushes herself into your relationship with your son. But even more - I don't think you have a MIL problem as much as you have a husband problem. It is his mother, and that means it is his relationship to manage. I can't believe he told his mother the details of a private conversation between the two of you! I would be livid if my DH did that. He needs to support you!...
Thanks -  three months, eh? Ugh, well I guess I kinda knew that. My MW said that I will start to notice the effect of the iron in another week, so maybe that will help a bit. It doesn't help that it's raining, raining, raining here...
DD was born May 7th and I lost about betwn 1200-1500 ml of blood afterwards. It was managed well and I was asymptomatic, amazingly - I was upon my feet, albeit slowly and went to the washroom about 90 minutes afterwards. We were home from the hospital about 4 hours after the birth (granted, my MWs would normally have kept me in overnight, but were ok with me going ghome in the care of my mom and sister, both of whom are midwives themselves). I was flat on my back for...
I havent buut know it's very possible. I'd put the little one in the moby first, then get the toddle on your back in the ergo. You should check out the tandem babywearing forum on theBabyWearer to find ppl w actual experience. Good luck.
Arrived may 7th at 12:03 pm. 8lbs 4 oz. We were trying for our 2nd homebirth but decided to transfer at 5 cm when tha water broke w mec in the fluid. Drive to hospital was AWFUL - contracting in the car every two min and went from 5cm - 8cm I've the 20 min drive! Had baby within 30 min of hospital arrival. Sadie was fine, just a little suction amd then lots of cries and straight on my chest. Then, for extra fun, I hemhoragged! The midwives dealt w it fine w oxytocin and...
I weaned off Dom after taking it for about a year. I used the Newman protocol listed above and it worked fine. My son was about 15 months and was just starting to eat solids more consistently so I was less nervous about my supply. It worked fine. We continued to nurse with no issues. He's still nursing now twice a day and I'm 40 weeks (!!) pregnant :)
There is a difference between gagging and choking. Babies gag all. the. time. They have a very strong gag reflex and it's totally normal, albeit scary from the parents perspective. True choking makes no noise as there is no air getting through. If your child coughs like something is stuck it is actually more dangerous to hit their back as it could lodge the obstruction further in the airway. There is nothing you should do if there is coughing or noise. If there's no...
We started out with no stroller and got one when DS was 4 mos. He ended up hating it for a while, but we've gotten lots of use out of it since he was about a year. No reason you can't wait to get a big purchase like a stroller.
My son was EXACTLY like this, except he did take a pacifier, not that it made much difference! He is now almost three and is a wonderful sleeper. We tried everything short of CIO to get him to sleep better for naps and at night. Nothing worked but time. THe naps started getting better around 12 mos. DH had some success before that in wearing him down in the ergo and then we developed a very slow and careful method of getting him out of the ergo and onto his floor bed so...
This is our plan too! Sometime it will happen... We are in a rental, so I want to be in our own place before we plant them, or else get around to taking them to my mom's lovely garden..