or Connect

Posts by lyno

I was a mail subscriber to mothering magazine and am wondering how I can get a copy of the jan/feb and march/april e-versions.  I might have been emailed them but don't have them anymore because I thought I was getting a real copy in the mail, so didn'[t bother looking at them.  Thanks
I missed it!  Do the grtls wear skirts skydiving?
How do you rebuild trust and mend the relationship with your kids after yelling/spanking/etc.  I feel like I've traumatized my kids for life by not always being a calm, gentle mother.  I read things like girls who are spanked will end up  marrying an abuser etc. I want to change but sometimes just lose it.  Is there any hope for our realationship now, or are we perminantly emotionally separated?  Have I lost all attachment with my kids?  I have appologized, but then a...
How about instead of finding a good church nursery, finding a good church that doesn't batt an eye when a child is spirited.  A church that values children being part of corporate worship rather that babysitting so the adults can worship in peace.  it might take some searching, but churches like htis do exist!
i don't know.. it's really up to you.  I personally loved birthing in water compared to birthing on land.  we got an inflatable tub (apparently there are some kids pools that are deep eough and cheep too).  We inflated it way in advance then just had to fill it up with water when I was in labour.  you just need a hose and adapter to your faucet or shower head.  Then after, by husband emptied it using buckets.  nothing fancy and pretty affordable.  Could you just use your...
It was an accident. I would forgive her and move on.  If she is older and slow, she probably isn't a good fit to be your little one's care provider though.  Just have her visit when you are there.  I think your partner should get over it too.  would he act this way if it was his mom or you who had made the mistake?  But I definately think you should rethink your childcare. 
My second kid is obsessed with certain things and must have things done a certain way or there is a huge melt down. She has a certain outfit that she wears every day. She won't wear anything else, except for sometimes when it is in the wash, there are 2 other things she will wear (both sun dresses that are getting too small). She absolutley *lights up* when the outfit comes out of the wash and rips of her other clothes to put it on. Also, it is a summertime outfit and...
I had my 3rd baby 3 months ago. After my first 2 babies the post partum hemmies were bad, but I could just do sitz baths in witch hazel and they would go away. Now with this baby, they are sooo bad and would not go away naturally so I have a foamy medicine I have to put up my bum. it worked for a bit and they were fine for about a month and they came back so I got another perscription and they won't go away. I don't want to be on the medicine forever (especially if...
I am planning a homebirth (any day now). My little boy is sick with a fever. Is this still ok if I go into labour tonight? I can call MW tomorrow, but I don't want to page just to ask this. Would the germs in the house affect anything?
I have done it to all my older diapers. Just buy some elastic from the fabric store. turn the diaper inside out and use a seem ripper to open the end of where the elastic goes through and pull out the old elastic. then feed the new elastic (I doulbled mine) through. I taped the new elastic to long toothpic and fed it through like that. then machine stich it closed at desired length. Here is a tutorial I just found: ...