or Connect

Posts by Frunchy Mama

Quote: Originally Posted by moonmom08 I left DD once for 24 hours when she was 10 months and still co-sleeping and nursing (I was a SAHM with her at the time). Prior, she was accustomed to taking the occasional bottle of EBM from DH, but not during the night. But she did take the bottle at night, slept with just DH, and otherwise did fine while I was away (was I maybe a little insulted? Yes! ). But, thinking back, I am fairly certain I knew she would...
Wow, Kitty Kat! That is something. Have you asked a ped about it?
This is great info. I also stopped giving my son the supplement as an infant because of all the other additives. Then summer came and I figured he was alright, but forgot this winter to start something back up. Now I'm curious, though--how long should you supplement the vitamin D? Is this something just for infancy, or thoughout life/childhood? My son is fairly dark-skinned and we live in Michigan. He is breastfeed, but at 13 months, gets plenty of solids and is...
That's about right, Lady--and that's my concern... Seems like so little time awake... I haven't asked the ped yet, but I am seeing him this Friday and will bring it up. BTW--there is still hope for your LO... Until my son was about 8 months, he was up every hour to eat every night and it was the hugest struggle to get him to sleep at night or for his naps (which were always very short). Now he doesn't even really need a routine as long as he has a full belly and...
I have left my son overnight twice for business trips. Once for 2 nights when he was 8 months and once for just one night when he was 10 months I think. He and his father are very close and they had a great time together. When I left the first time, he had been waking every hour to breastfeed, and for his father he woke only once or twice per night. After I came back, he kept his pattern of waking only once or twice per night. I was great considering I had gone that...
My son is 13 months. He goes to bed normally just after 8pm and sometimes as late as 9pm. He usually only wakes once for a feeding around 7am and then sleeps til around 10 or 11. He's up for about 2.5 hours and then sleeps for another 3-4 hours for his nap. While he's awake, he's super active and hyper. He's developmentally normal on all accounts that I can see and is an extremely happy baby. But is he sleeping too much? Is this even something to be concerned...
Thanks so much for the encouragement! It seriously makes me feel so much better! Especially to hear that the same later-talkers ended up being great talkers later on! I appreciate it!
Wow! I am practically in tears over here reading these posts! My son is turning one tomorrow and he is not saying or understanding words like some of you guys are describing! He is learning two languages, English and Shona, the native language of Zimbabwe, and we also teach him signs, which he has about 7 that he's mastered consistently. Other than that, he really only SAYS mama, dada and caca (milk). I know that bilingual babies take more time to begin speaking, and...
Thanks, guys. My stepson is 3. While I know he will be around many children when he's older, I wondered if during his infancy he would be more suspectible to things that are brought in the home (not more than unvaxed children, but more than older children). It's good to know I"m doing the right thing and have no need for concern.
Hello ladies! Excuse me if this topic is redundant. I didn't really see anything similar to this... I don't vax my son, but instead build his immune system in other ways (nursing, eating well...). However, my step-son, who is here with us 3 days a week, is vaxed. I think I read something in the past about kids who have just received a vaccination possbility infecting those who have not been vaccinated. Is this a legitimate concern? Or since I'm building a...