or Connect

Posts by Rainbow

i use the bon-bon comment to, but couple it with soap operas instead of JS. Most get i'm joking since we are tv free. lol. My husband always speaks for me- he tells everyone he'd go crazy with my job and that i'm a saint [we have 3 kids 4 and under ] and he goes to work to unwind and relax.
My kids can play a good hour, usually two for me to get things done... they are 4 and 2 [nearing 3 and 5] the baby obviously not so much, but i work while she sleeps. I really saw they lost that ability when we were allowing tv after the baby was born. they seemed to have a need to be constantly entertained. Without tv they do worlds better at playing. we had no tv since before our fist was born so they never knew differently until we bought a portable unit for a...
I've always liked Kuma for a dog, it means bear in Hawaiian. Kanji is cute and I really like Bamboo. My last two pups were named lavender and Rugby, I love non-name, ''thing'' words as names for dogs for some reason. Words that you like, but aren't actually names. Just pick something you like to say. I wouldn't use Buddha... Just seems tacky to me. If you want something English speakers will understand as being Asian in origin I'd use something more light hearted like...
Thank you all for the book suggestions, they are great. some are new to me so I will look them up. We started with The little house in the big woods book and my daughter cried about all the hunting and such. She is a very sensative soul. We moved on to ''my father's dragon'' which she LOVED so much. We've since read Gaia Girls ''enter the earth'' which she really liked, but I think it was a bit above her in concept. It was great reading adn really personifies the earth. We...
I would just say that if she is desensatized to it now, it might lack any motovation in her career/life so maybe just ''easing'' or varying the praise will help. You can over saturate anything, after all...
Congrats, mama... my last was 12.8 at home and my midwives were also amazed at her size- though I can say I was as well. lol. Welcome to your big baby.. and GOOD JOB, mama
I've never even heard of miss manners so i'm not to worried about her advice. yoopervegan- we have come to some great places with birthdays in our house, birthdays I feel very good about. IF we were to do a party, we'd do a theme party [lets say teddy bears for example] and never mention it was a birthday. I would just say ''you're invited to a Teddy Bear Party'' date, time, etc and then write ''just bring yourself, and your favorite teddy bear'' or use it within any...
Quote: Originally Posted by CarrieMF I don't believe in tithing, nor do I believe that giving has to be a monetary amount. I also do not believe that in order to to be financially solvent and successful that you need to give. In my spirituality yes doing good deeds gets you good karma back, but that does not mean your life will suck if you do not do them. Success is in the eye of the beholder. To 1 person success may be making $250,000 a year while to...
i'm non religious and do not have an interest in tithing. I believe money is a manmade tool lacking in any real value of is own. I mean, it is a piece of printed paper. But DH and I live on a third of our income- we are big into simple living. We give a third to charity and we save a third [mainly to help our younger siblings and 3 kids go to college] The biggest fun we have each month is deciding where to donate. It feels incredible.
Gaia Girls- very earthy and conscience with a magical element.