or Connect

Posts by Rainbow

I think you can totally do speech therapy at home. For us it was a matter of my dd loving speech and wanting to go that kept us going.
I would guess that having her on with the intent to promote her book, and then specificly not promote it and act like it was sort of a mockery is what she wants an apology for. Had they just said that, who cares, but it had a ''jokes on you'' feel to it. that said, i don't know a thing about her, have never seen or heard her, and am just basing that thought on what I read in the op. ok, you don't like her... but imagine the piece was on EN or something you believed...
My dd showed an interest at a young age to, both in fact- my soon to be 3 year old loves to draw circles and attempting other shapes and letters as well. I think each child is different and if you watch her and answer her questions, and show her what she wants to be shown as you go she will get it in her right time. My oldest wrote her name spontaneously at about 3.5 and it was all jumbled, the letters went from right to left and a couple were mixed up. Now at 4.5 she...
See, I always thought Montessori methods discouraged the use of fake knives, in favor of letting them learn to use real ones with supervision. Just maybe shorter ones that are easier for the child to control. I have to say MOntessori methods were a charm for my first, and it is hell for my 2nd. She is just to dang impulsive to use real knives or real cups [without lids] or glass anything. She's almost 3, but we did MOntessori principles from birth and she never got the...
We're in NY now... I wasn't sure, btu I assumed it was one of the more heavily regulated states. PA didn't seem much better though. Previously living in TX and AR I found both to be stricter than my ideal... but like another poster said, completely possible and functional. Thank you all for sharing about your state... it helps to have a simple overview. I really appreciate everyone takign the time to share.
I never read the book. I used to work in a Montessori school that had an infant and toddler day care. I basically just encorporated the things I saw in the infant room into our lives. For example, I wanted to cosleep and they suggest low bedding that the child can get in and out of themselves... so we put our entire matress on the floor and we all sleep that way. We put mirrors up in her crawling space. Dishes and snacks are on bottom cabinets instead of high cabinets....
are you sure the entire class is articulation? My daughter was found to have a really good attention span so they ''bumped her up'' to 2 45 minute sessions a week, which is longer than the normal 30 minute for her age range. I've lived in two states and done speech at both and I've never heard of 2 hour long artic sessions. I'd check it out.
My daughter is 4.5 and in speech, but they still come to our house. They tried to talk me into preschool, but I just said that I wasn't interested in preschool. Maybe it is state by state. Does your insurance cover speech? Our last one did, but the new one does not...which is why we go through the school system now. With our last one we went to the university, it was 10 a visit at full price and we paid 20 percent of that after insurance. We just had to have our...
Hope it is ok to just jump in. I have three girls. 4.5, 2.5 and 8 months. Right now we are just doing our thing- we spend a lot of time just being. We walk outside a lot, we do projects, we try to experience as much as we can. One things, the oldest is beginning to really dig letters and wants to read so very badly. She is making great progress and has a real drive to learn this. You never see her without her little travel magnadoodle in hand. lol. I'm also trying...
We are currently in a pretty heavily regulated state, but do not see ourselves settling here long term. We are starting to consider other states and areas to figure out where we'd like to settle and a big portion of that decision will have to do with homeschool regulations. We [obviously] want to put our time and energy into our kids, and not the red tape or hoops to jump through. So... I was hoping that others could share a little about their state regulations so we...