or Connect

Posts by Rainbow

I haven't, but thanks for the suggestion twinkletoes, I'll look it up. While I am debating this, I want to clarify that I do still think vegetarianism to be the best diet. I'm not trashing it. I felt good when I wasn't so restricted with the dietary restrictions of my family.
Well, I shared my perspective on another similar thread- but honestly, meat sounding good on occasions would not be enough at all to give up vegetarianism. If you think you crave fish, maybe there is a nutrient that is found in it that you might be lacking. I would look into that first. I wouldn't give it up based on a craving or two, personally.
I really believe elective c-sections to be a step in the process of women reclaiming the birth process. Typically substantial change in history tends to go to an extreme, peak, and setlle back down. Wealthy women went from hiring wet nurses [breastfeeding being only for the poor], then later to feeding their babies themselves without the breast [bottles], to a peak in formula usage, to it settling back down and women now having individual control over their option of...
I think because we are having conversational exchanges and writing in some of the inflections...pauses...crutches... helps convey our tone and non-verbal communication. Same reason someone might type ''shrug'' or such. It helps make our verbal exchanges more conversational and less formal. ETA- I misuse the ''...'' for the same reason
Quote: I feel very fortunate to live in a time and culture where such a variety of foods is available to me - I am sure our great grandparents were not eating fresh greens in January and I am very aware of how many people on this planet struggle to get enough to eat period - let alone the diet of their choice or a balanced one. I just think the above needs to be repeated. Everytime I turn my nose up at a meal that isn't vegetarian enough [made with...
wombat- those are the breastbottle from one step ahead that mighty linked to on the opposite page. My middle daughter got her front teeth and never had fangs- but she is such a biting girl. She uses her teeth to open everything and as efficiently as a spare hand, lol. We have heard lots of lemony snickets jokes between that and our fang babies. I'm only about 45 minutes away from you- a midwife from Ithaca actually delivered Sasha- she almost didn't make it. small...
Mighty, I've seen them and honestly I thought they weren't much different than any other bottle. The part that was primarily different was where mom held it, not where baby latched. I don't know that I'd pay the extra for them. But, I've spent my money in worse places AEZ- her urine backtracks up into her kidney instead of all coming out normally. Which causes scaring and infections in her kidney. She should outgrow it, but in the mean time we have to keep kidney...
Honestly, I liked the cow print enough to pay the extra money. lol. j/k We have three kids [4.5, 2.5, 8mo] and we have a triumph for the baby, and two marathons for hte older two. I figure when the baby outgrows the triumph she can go into her oldest sister's britax and big sister will be about harness size. I LOVE my triumph, we use it when our kids are younger... it fits them so cozy and snug. Perfect incline, perfect everything. But they grow out of it before...
I'm glad to see the Apr 05 mamas still talking. I've been offline for months now- we've been moving and such. I really need to update my signature. lol. mighty-mama, my thoughts are with you. I hope they are able to clear the cancer quickly. Just focus on getting better... your son and you share a special bond that a bottle can not interupt. How is everyone doing with their babes? Sasha is great, i love this age. Just joyful and carefree. She is a lightweight...
please pm me if you need any details edited from my posts.