or Connect

Posts by Rainbow

I understand. I hope you decide to repost what you can without obvious details. I'm sure other mamas have a lot of help they can offer as well. I wanted to clarify one thing to... I think you need to release him to do what he is going to do for your own well being. I don't think you need to grant him permission... it is ok to release any control you have while believing he should not do it. Does that make sense? It is one thing to tell him that you are letting go and...
I got the first of the series from my library... it is a young readers book, but my husband and I are enjoying it. It has a phenominal story line and life lesson. Once we finish we'll be deciding if it is age appropriate to read to our 4.5 year old who has just started chapter books. It isn't even available on amazon yet so [unless you want to buy it] you might have to get it through an inter library loan, but I think it is worth it- especially if you have a young reader...
I hope everything is ok, I am sad to see you editing your OP.
I am so sorry. Honestly I can't even imagine how upsetting that is. It makes me angry at him for putting you through that. Is there anything at all you can do to help take your mind away? Do you meditate or pray? I find meditating great for learning how to redirect my thoughts. Do you have a friend who doesn't live nearby? An online friend you could confide in and call so you can vent and talk through it without risking anyone you know IRL finding out?
Quote: all the times before where we've split up (or nearly did), i never actually let go. i want to release him, i truely do... i just can't. how could i? I don't know your beliefs- if you believe in God, the universe, a greater power... but I just let it out in the wind. I really had no control over what decision he made so I had to allow the wind to lead my way. I had to believe that the universe would do right by me, that it may feel completely...
The first thing you need to do is forgive YOURSELF. That was a long time ago and you told him, and he made the choice to move forward with you. That is over. This is now. He may [imo] be using your early actions as an excuse to his desires. He may not be, they may be true feelings. Either way, you need to forgive yourself and realize that mistakes or no mistakes YOU ARE worth being loved, and loved deeply. You know the old cliche saying- if you love someone, set...
I agree it has more to do with early induction, diet, etc... I think ''natural'' mamas tend to be more likely to birth at home and so there is probably something to the natural lifestyle growing big babes. I had a 12 lb 8 oz at home, but i also had a 10 lb 12 oz in a hospital. I just make big babies.
Hey mama, just popping in to say congrats here as well... I am so tickled for you. Hope you and Eli are cuddling and enjoying each other. If you need to chat or bounce a question off me please call anytime. In my experience big babies are good nursers, but to hungry to sleep to well. Hope you are getting all the sleep you need.
My SIL is the most aghast at our choice, but she said the other day she really loved my imagination and activity planing witht he kids, and how I manage to do it all without the TV. She knows TV free isn't for her, but she also really respects it and thinks it is amazing. So even those who argue/tease us sometimes realize the benefits.
I say ''Well, nothing is more educational than real life and parental interaction'' Nobody has tried to convince me otherwise, but some roll their eyes or go on disagreeing. If they ask me how life can be education I say ''One example might be loading the dishwasher- it is also an early sorting activity and ultimately math.'' The book ''Montessori play and learn'' didn't really get me doing anything I wasn't already doing, but it did help verbalize how various...