or Connect

Posts by Rainbow

Our kids are pretty young and we at times find evenings a bit... boring... I need family time activities. We sit in the playroom to play, but it isn't the most amusing way to spend our evenings. I'd like for the evenings to have a little richer and festive spirit to them. So I'm looking for some family tiem activities that can entertain/amuse us all... Magnet play is an example of something we all had fun with, but we can't do it every night. lol. we can't do...
I need some ideas for homemade toys that I can make with the kids. for example, the other day we made shakers/drums out of empty salt drums- paper peeled, stuffed with beans and covered in tissue paper. Came out real cute. But I'd also like ideas for homemade toys I can simply make for the kids as well... they seem to like the homemade ones better than the expensive ones. lol.
I'd love if everyone shared their creative ideas for making cleanup time fun and not negative. My 2.5 yr old is having some trouble in this arena. One idea I had recently for the playroom [that is working wonders] is to make cleaning it an adventure. We made a treasure map... of their playroom. It takes them from one ''center'' in their playroom to another [i.e dress up trunk to the bookshelf] each detailed by its place in the room and a small photo. The idea is to...
Thank you so much
Any other families eating vegan and gluten free? What are you eating? We were just vegetarians, occassionally eating eggs, but by way of eimination diet my middle DD seems to be reacting to eggs. We just got the news that she also has Celiacs so now we're trying to go egg, dairy, and gluten free. My husband keeps saying we need to start eating meat again [he feels hungry after my meals and grills meat for his meals] but I really don't want to... So are there others...
I'd love to see that contract to... I am really really surprised it doesn't have a clause that the advertisign can not be contradictory to the things they stand for. Most advertising contracts ahve something to that nature.
Quote: Originally Posted by HerthElde I completely disagree. If they receive any feedback at all (after all "there's no such thing as bad publicity"), they know the banner is catching attention. That's the whole point of advertising! Even seeing the number of hits they get coming from this site will encourage them. Ic an see why you'd disagree. It is my position that no company wishes to be bogged down by hate mail from people who will never...
MDC may not be able or willing to do anything, but we sure can. Get out your typing gear, send letters, as many as you can and see if they bother with this site again.
Malia is still into space stuff, but starting to get out of it. I just tried to make things as available as possible. I think if they love it, they will dive into it. Don't feel bad AM, I honestly don't think limiting computer or TV time to be bad. I limit my computer time, if my child were having a hard time self regulating I'd help her. We have a TV free home and I like it that way, but my reasons are deep and replacing the TV with a lot of computer time is no better...
Quote: APOLOGY # An acknowledgment expressing regret or asking pardon for a fault or offense. # 1. A formal justification or defense. 2. An explanation or excuse: “The consequence of those measures will be the best apology for my conduct” (Daniel Defoe). Quote: for·give Audio pronunciation of "forgiving" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fr-gv, fôr-) v. for·gave, (-gv) for·giv·en, (-gvn) for·giv·ing, for·gives v. tr. 1. To...