or Connect

Posts by Amanda

I didn't think rosemary and citronella were unsafe. I used citrolnella based insect repelant on my body off and on the last few months of my pregnancy and I love to put a few drops of rosemary in my bath. I found that many essential oils were listed as "Un-safe" during pregnancy. I'm no doctor, but I can't possibly see what harm they would do.
Count me in! I'm do sometime in November. i see my midwife on thursday. i had a feeling I was pregnant a couple weeks ago when DD would nurse my nipples felt like they were on fire. It's gotten a little better. Congrats to you all!!
I just found out I am pregnant w/ #2. I still nurse DD, 19 months. She nurses before naps, in the morning and on and off through the night...ok, she still nurses a lot. I'm ok w/ that, but now I am worried about Babe #2. Will she/he be all right? I've been a little under-weight since DD #1 was 4 or so months old. So I worry that my body may not have enough for two. I do eat well and often too. I don't fell ready to wean DD, but I don't know how I'll feel nursing...
Delighted, I could have written your post today. I went part-time when my dd was born. What also surprises me is that co-workers that I thought were friends (most of my co-workers are childless) are starting to resent me for being part-time. I missed an administration meeting this monday because I had the flu. from what I can gather complaints were made about me being able to work part of my part-time hours from home. my co-workers don't understand why i'm being...
I'd say if DH agreed to go for 48 hours (fly to Ohio of course)- let them go. My DD is 15 months also and I really had a hard time leaving her for one night in Sept, for a business trip (I am Work-at-home mom and nursing a lot still)- Surprisingly, to me, DD did fine in my absence. DH kept her busy....although they were at our home and not traveling. It was also good for me, I got to relax for the 1st time in a long time, and I feel much more confident knowing the world...
One of my close friend's and I had our 1st babies a few months apart. Her Partner left this december when ds was 3 months old. He contributes somewhat financially and visits every sunday. Their relationship is still pretty rocky and they argue frequently. My friend is breastfeeding/AP Momma and DS's dad is always asking when he can just have DS at his place all day. She is worried about this because her X has not really spent much time with DS and when he is visiting...
You guys crack me up! These toddler obsessions are adorable and hilarious. The sandle and seal gal and little mr. vaccum really got my laughing I have a nephew that also loves the vaccum...he is 4 and it's not so much an obsession anymore. Can't wait to see what my 10 month old will get enamoured with. So far she loves our cats (loves to hug them a little to hard) and our phone. She has re-programmed our phone several times and we can't figure out how to get it back...
About three months ago we got a twin bed for DD bed so we would have somewhere for guests to sleep etc... DH has been sleeping in there every night because he is hooked on the uninterupted sleep. Honestly, I also sleep better with just DD in our queen size bed (no DH snoring, more room for us 2...). DH and I both feel a little strange not sleeping together (he also misses DD at night) but the draw of better sleep keeps us both is seperate rooms. Anyone out there ever...
We have been using the crib sidecar...but it is no longer working for us. DD sleeps best in the middle, and I am getting sick of sleeping in the crib! We also don't want to buy a king, but dream of one often. This morning my mom did the most amazing thing. She offered to trade her king for our queen and then we can trade back in a few years. We always use their bed when we visit and they know we love all sleeping together in the king. Our queen is only a year old so...
What is it with EVERYONE asking, "so...is she sleeping through the night?" Like it's some kind of contest or something. I used to actually try and answer this question. My answer would go something like this, "well, we co-sleep and I bf, so when she's hungry I just kind of roll over. It's night, so I'm not sure how often it happens. Usually I fall asleep with her eatting...." You get the point. I got so tired of having to explain why what I'm doing is okay, and...