or Connect

Posts by Dianamal

I hate "Pat The Bunny" because the stinky "flower" smell gives me a headache.
I have an almost three year old who is going through a hitting phase. On the rare occasions that I am totally on my game (so ideal situation): 1. Don't hit. Hitting hurts and gives owies. 2. How do you feel when someone hurts you? How do you think ____ felt when you hurt them? 3. If you feel like you want to hit you can come talk to mom or dad, go to your room, bang the piano, etc. Usually I don't get it all in but I try to address the main points: we don't hit, imagine...
My almost 3 year old loves Thomas and I like for him to watch the older episodes that are about 30 min broken into 3 10 min stories. He also really likes watching Mr. Rogers Neighborhood which I love because it is very slow paced, there is no content that I have to worry about and I like reliving some of the episodes I watched as a kid. These are both available on Hulu which I actually prefer to Netflix.
Toothbrushing has been an evolving thing with us and DS.  When he was little (2 years old?) we gave him the toothbrush and said: "you can do it while we count to 10 and then it is my turn to do it for 10".  He did always like doing the toothbrush himself so that helped.  Now that he has gotten older he still does it himself but we tell him that mommy/daddy have to check his teeth. Something you might also try if you are concerned about dental hygiene is flossing.  I know...
I used them in the past and they worked okay but the maintenance was kind of a pain. I wanted to reuse them so that meant washing them out and I was never sure if the washing took away from their effectiveness. Now I use these things: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005W6DRNY They work really well, last for three months at a time and I just toss one in each fridge bin and the counter fruit bowl.
I love canning! I haven't had the time or energy to do it this year but I can share some of my experiences. I would really recommend the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0778801314 It gives you a lot of basic information, variations and ways to troubleshoot if something seems to not be going right. Canning is a very precise process and if it is not done correctly you run the risk of spoilage. There is nothing worse than opening one of...
We do Mr. Rogers Neighborhood on Hulu and DS (2.5 yo) also really likes animal videos (Dogs 101, Cats 101, etc.) on animalplanet.com.
I had a similar question when I was pregnant because I like to use products with lavender essential oil and I asked my midwife if it was safe to use. She told me that the amount of actual essential oil in these products is pretty minimal and then the amount of oil that can be absorbed into the bloodstream via oil on the skin is also ver minimal. So much so that it does not pose a risk to pregnant women. She basically said that one would have to drink he essential oil in...
I have been practicing Iyengar yoga for about three years and my instructor also mentioned to me that 11-13 weeks is a critical time because it is the period when the placenta is implanting. Who knows for sure if there is anything that yoga could do that would disturb the implantation but it is probably not to bad to take it easy during that time. For the 11-13 weeks period she continued to exclude the poses that focus on the abs and really limited or supported standing...