or Connect

Posts by Super~Single~Mama

WOW!  I think we have the same child!  There was one time a few weeks ago when ds was jumping on the bed.  I told him that jumping on the bed was against the rules, and took him off the bed.  He said, "I'm not jumping, I'm hopping!"  Umm....All I could do was laugh - it appears that I'm raising a lawyer! (I was also exactly the same as a small child - apparently having children comes with payback!)   As for choices, I have stopped giving choices to my ds.  It just...
Seriously, there isn't enough re-direction in the world to ensure that a 2yo would be safe when the broiler is in use (unless there can be another adult with the toddler outside the kitchen, with the kitchen completely blocked off).
The whole re-directing thing doesn't work for my 2yo.  He's stubborn as can be, and when he sets his mind to wanting to do something, he does it or its as though the sky is falling.  He's also incredibly verbal (he talks better than most 4yo's I know), and does understand the word No.  I've tried re-directing, I've tried being creative - but I don't have tons of time to make dinner.  I work full time, and I'm a single mom.  So when we get home I have to start dinner...
You should check out places like Ann Taylor, Ann Taylor Loft, Talbots (I have no idea what size you are, but my plus size aunt does VERY well at Talbots, and I love their clothing too).  I also find that dresses that are simple and go with different color blazers are FABULOUS, as well as comfortable.  Then hit up PayLess and check out some of the comfy flats that you can get to wear.  You can totally do professional, pretty, AND comfortable.  Shop outlets, and sales, and...
 I don't even do blouses that zip on the side.  I hate them.  I do nice shirts, sweaters with cowl necks, nice cotton shirts that I can hang right out of the dryer, one color t-shirts that are good quality with a cardigan over the top, etc.  I'm super lazy, and pair a simple shirt with a nice looking blazer all the time - it looks professional, and simple, and is super easy.
I couldn't agree more.  We have rules that deal with safety issues (hand holding on the sidewalk is absolutely 100% necessary and required, baby needs to be in another room while the oven is open, carseat is required in the car, etc), and my son knows the rules, and I think mostly understands them.  He may not fully understand why they are there, but I think most children of different ages don't understand their parents rules.  Corporal punishment has no place in a...
As much as vehemently oppose corporal punishment, I very much agree with the below quote.  When parents don't say No to their children, or at least set firm boundaries that when crossed will have consequences, the children do NOT benefit, and learn that the world exists to make them happy (my ex is one of those people - he is the WORST co-parent, its horrible and very difficult for my son to go back and forth between a home where there are boundaries, and one where the...
I came in from the main page, but vbac or not, I can't think of a good reason not to tell your primary care provider about something that was severe enough for you to go to the ER for.  I don't know if a sch would risk you out of a VBAC or not, but your health care providers need to know about so that they can help you determine what it means, and so that they can monitor you knowing that it occurred.  I don't know if there would be additional monitoring, or if it would...
Forum crashing to answer this - my new state has an Oct 1st cut-off, my old state (NY) had a Dec. 31 cut-off (which I didn't like b/c it meant some kids went to school at 4yo!).  Anyway, all states do it very differently for some reason.  
My ds wants to be a witch.  How do you make a boy witch costume??