or Connect

Posts by genesee

Agreed, that is when we lost our longer chunks too. We are almost to 7 mos now and they still haven't come back! Hang in there, Gen
We are not currently cosleeping. We did with our daughter and started with DS, but he really seems to like his crib and want his own space. It was news to us - it took me awhile to see that he actually preferred his crib. Then he slept sidecarred but after a bit we realized that he woke more often after we came to bed. So we transitioned him to his own room, and he really does sleep better there. Every kid is different - DD was in our room for a long time even after...
I don't think it's fair to say an automatic yes or no. I think you have to consider all the angles to fully understand what your baby is telling you. For instance, if your baby is having a full feed every time he wakes, then it is more likely that he needs the nutrition and you should be more apt to meet that need without trying to change his patterns. If, however, your baby "snacks" then he is more likely nursing for comfort as others have said. There is nothing wrong...
I have not read the other replies. I would absolutely make sure to separate your baby and your husband in any way that you can - hopefully there would be a home you and your baby could go to, a family, a friend, a church member. Abuse is always dangerous - you never know when the next level will arrive. He is violent towards your baby and babies are just so delicate - he could shake her or damage her irreparably in any number of ways. You must protect your...
Yes, we actually made it to that point - me reading outside the door. But then she kind of fell apart so we moved back into the room. She is doing better so hopefully we will make it to the promised land of the hallway soon .
Is there a place in her room where you can sit that she cannot see you? You could transition to then sitting there so she knows you are present, but letting her get used to being apart. Our DD is not fearful, just a snuggle-hound, and we are trying to get her to sleep without us. She is 3. We started by laying on a sleeping bag across the room where she could see us. We stayed until she fell asleep. Then we have moved to the door which is behind her dresser where she...
We got our hose at an RV store - cheap!
I don't know anything about the vaccine issue, but otherwise my reading has agreed with mommajam's. 1. Re: infant death, my understanding is that although broad implementation of abx has decreased death from GBS, death from other infection (like e-coli) has increased, likely due to abx resistance, so that overeall outcomes have not improved from the protocol. 2. Re: abx resistance, my understanding is that ampicillin was initially very effective in treating GBS and...
Just wondering if ferretfan got the test results!
Thanks ferretfan!! I missed my m/w's call tonight so I won't be able to talk with her until tomorrow, but I really think I'd like to follow that protocol. I am anxious to hear your test results, I hope you will come back and post them. Gen