or Connect

Posts by bella99

I pay $1520 a month right now, about to go down to $1212, after we move from the older one to a preschool program instead of daycare.
I have tried that, and it didn't work.  Maybe it wasn't high enough to keep her from rolling over?  I do have a sleep positioner I never used I could maybe try.  I'm also wondering if removing the pacifier might help her settle better.   All I know is that she rolls over onto her back in her sleep, and she immediately wakes up .  Even when rocking her to sleep, her arms and hands keep moving for 10-15 minutes after she has fallen asleep, and then if you put her down...
  How do I get this kid to sleep on her back....without her Mama.?!   I am not against co-sleeping, but doing it every night for 8-9 hours leaves me very stuff, achy, and unrested.  I need a better solution.   And the reason I ask about her back is because we put her to sleep on her tummy, and she will sleep ok for a couple of hours, but then she rolls over in her sleep and seriously, the kid is like a turtle on its back.  As soon as she rolls over, she wakes...
So this is a bit of a silly question, but one I would like answered if possible.   I am currently nursing and pumping for my 6 month old.  She, like my older daughter, is sensitive to milk proteins.  With  my first daughter, I cut out dairy as much as possible, but noticed that she didn't have a problem at all if I ate yogurt.  I'm assuming that that is because the process changes the proteins in the milk, making them easier to digest.  She grew out of it by the time...
I just wanted to say that neither of my girls napped well during the day until they were at least 6 months old.  Before that, it was 30-45 minutes a couple of times a day unless they were being held, and boy, were they tired.   My younger one is just about 6.5 months old, and she will play happily for about 20 minutes by herself right now, while everyone is doing other things around her, but no longer and then she hollars and screeches so someone will sit or lay down...
Babies r us sells blankets very similar to the Land of Nod blankets but for about half the price.   My daughter has two of them in purple.  Unfortunately, she realizes now that there are two, and insists on sleeping with both of them, although only one is ever allowed to leave the house (long car rides, daycare, etc.).   My younger daughter has the same one from BRU but in green.  She likes to hold the silkie part in her hand as she sleeps.    I would...
With my first, I started only very cautiously a bit past 6 months.  She gagged and spit stuff out at first, and so we went very slowly.   With my 6 month old, we started about 3 weeks ago.  At dinner, she would sit on my lap and try to grab the spoon, was very interested in what we were eating, could sit (mostly unassisted and now definitely), etc.  So we went for it and I have never seen a kid take to solids like her.  She literally grabbed the spoon and yanked it...
Two nights ago, my husband and I were in the front yard with our 2.5 year old daughter.  We were watering the flowers and playing with the hose.  My husband sprayed my daughter (as we have been doing every night in the heat) and she replied, "Daddy stop it, you don't do that to people".   Then of course he put the hose down, she promptly picked it up and sprayed him with it :-)
You don't have to give cow's milk, but if you want to, here is what I suggest, although my advice assumes you can pump some milk for a bottle/sippy cuy.   Make the bottle/cup 3/4 breast milk and 1/4 cows milk.  Keep it that way for 4-7 days.  Then do half and half for the same amount of time, and then 1/4 breast milk to 3/4 cows milk, and then fully cows milk.   I'd also warm it up, since that's what babies are used to.
I introduced yogurt with my first at 11 months.  She had a milk protein problem which necessitated her drinking goat's milk from 12-24 months, but the process of making the yogurt changes the protein in milk and she did fine with yogurt and cheese. (milk, ice cream, etc. gave her diarrhea, random episodes of vomiting, and eczema outbreaks).   She'll be 3 in November and she's fine now.  Drinks milk all the time.