or Connect

Posts by bella99

Simply because the CASA worker isn't speaking to the foster parent or caseworker doesn't mean that the judge isn't getting relevant information about what is going on with the case.  I finished a permanency hearing report today that was 18 pages long, and we submit reports to the court 90 days after every court appearance, so the judges are getting information they need to have, including information about how visitation is going.  The CASA workers are also presumably...
We either spritz with some water or if it's really messy, use California Baby detangler.
When we first transitioned to the big girl bed for our 2.5 year old (about 6 months ago), this is what our naps and bedtime were like.  And, like you, I would lose it.  I was being slapped, kicked, and punched.  I never spanked but I put my hands on her and I regret that.   So my husband and I removed ourselves from the situation.  This may not work for you though.  The upstairs of our house only has three rooms, two bedrooms and a bathroom.  So we shut and locked...
We recently got a used one for free and my 2.5 year old loves it!   I wouldn't have paid for a new one though, no matter how much she loves it.
Literally, no information.  According to the lawyer for the local department of DSS, it's a state regulation, and my only guess is that somewhere down the line, somebody, a caseworker or foster parent or whoever, provided information they shouldn't have.  I really have no idea, but I do know that several years ago, we were all told, without exception that we were no longer to provide CASA workers with information regarding the children (with the exception of contact info...
Just following up on what I wrote a couple of days ago.   Kathymuggle, interesting what you wrote about your baby doing worse with you in the room.  The screaming fits that my almost 6 month old does in the car?  Only ever when I am in the car, and usually doesn't matter if I am the driver or somewhere else in the car.  When her father drives her around or her grandparents?  Not.One.Problem.   And we found a solution, at least it worked a couple of times!  All of...
Totally within the range of normal.  My daughter's does that, and so does a daughter of a friend of mine.   And really, unless my body is totally out of the ordinary, my urine doesn't always come out in a straight stream.
I'm a caseworker, not a foster parent...   ...I work in NY and here, we expect that the foster parents come to court for all permanency hearings.  Things like fact-findings or dispo hearings they aren't expected to be at though.  In fact, when we do our permanency hearings, in the county my agency does our primary work in, the foster parents receive a copy of the permanency hearing report (with all updates and details) and a notice to appear in court.   If they...
My almost 6 month old does well in the car sometimes, and then other times, nothing makes her happy, even if an adult sits where she can see them and where they can touch her.  There have been times where she has screamed for 45 minutes straight (with me sitting in the car within sight of her and stroking her legs and arms).  We talk to her, touch her if we can, sing her songs, etc.   But we noticed a couple of things about this.  The first is that if we pull over,...
We've discussed using a new reward, something to get her interested again in wanting to use the potty.  Right now she gets two m&m's or jelly beans for peeing and a frozen stonyfield farm yogurt tube for pooping, because in the past, she's had a lot of anxiety about pooping in the potty.  We've also thought about buying her a new potty.   Taking her to the potty at regular intervals would work if she would go, but she is a very willful and stubborn child and will not...