or Connect

Posts by bella99

I gave birth at a birth center, here's my experience: -I was on the monitor for the first 15 minutes after being admitted, then just periodically checked with the doppler. I never had an IV. -I was encouraged to eat and drink throughout my labor. -I had one nurse assigned to me. She and my doctor were the only people besides my family that were in the room. -I labored in bed, in the shower, in the tub, and walking the halls -I pushed lying down at...
I realize this thread is probably dead, but I thought I would add my two cents. I had my daughter 10 days ago at Northern Dutchess. My doctor was Dr. Jaffe. I had a wonderful experience. I was at the hospital for 6 hours before my daughter was born. I was never once offered any kind of pain medication during my labor, and when I asked for something, the nurse, and then my doctor, gently reminded me that I had wanted to use the tub before resorting to any medication....
I would suggest going to this blog and getting in touch with the writer. www.uncommonmisconception.typepad.com The writer had placenta acreta with both her daughters, she might be able to give you some information from a patient's perspective.
With the pros of formula feeding, you mention medical conditions the mother may have that prohibit breastfeeding. Keep in mind that, although very rare, there conditions which the babies have where formula isn't "least bad" or "the next best thing", but the only thing. My friend's son has galactosemia and she was very sad that she could not breastfeed him, but she is also aware that not doing so is keeping him as healthy as possible and for that, she is extremely...