or Connect

Posts by Mina's Mama

We have a family bed. My daughter is 19 months old and sleeps in a co-sleeper to start and then gets in bed and sleeps next to me in the night. We will add her little sister to the lovely mix in April. Am a little concerned that my toddler will pounce on the baby or that my DH will roll over on her so I'm looking at those little nests but I'm concerned that there are no organic or natural choices. Does anyone have any advice about this. I'm looking at this...
Thank you all for your help. It helps to hear others are there and it helps me know that you are right... I have to work on this or I can't leave my child with my mother in law. I am going to try your suggestions. All the Best!
Hi. My mother in law has informed me that I need to feed my daughter solid food at six months and that I need to stop breastfeeding my daughter at one year old. My husband and I completely disagree with this and are planning on breastfeeding until at least two years of age and longer. We have decided not to argue with his mom but my issue is that I'm afraid she will rebel against me as she will be babysitting for us some. I'm also afraid that she will make my daughter...
I was just thinking perhaps it is really just a lack of vocabulary that causes issues like this. I teach middle school and I have found that my students say things of this nature, which are inappropriate. I will gently address the issue and they just really have no idea why certain terms are not ok to use. I try to look at adults who use that kind of language as people who didn't learn better. Not as malicious, evil people and I try my best not to take offense. People...