or Connect

Posts by mikanmom

My kids are now 5 and almost 3 and now i have them in their own beds but i usually sleep w/ them in one bed or the other even though i have my own bed,   but anyway before we moved this past Dec. we were in a family bed a queen matress on the floor and DH had his own single mattress a few feet away cause he was a light sleeper and couldn't handle the wiggling etc,   After dinner, bath, potty, teeth, i read 1 story and then put on a cd of music they liked or...
LadyCatherine, I almost took them to Chic Filet yesterday, I opted to fork out some bucks for the Kids fun place that has 4 different bouncy castles, Grampa promised to have Pizza on the table at 7 when we were to return.   It was then bath, book teeth and bed, but DD still didn't sleep til 9:30!!   Today was better, didn't get to pick them up as early but Grampa took them swimming at our neighbors pool and i guess he really wore them out so tonight it was...
thank you for your responses, the situation really bothered me and i was wishing i had a better way to respond. It wasn't the first time this kind of thing happened and will probably happen again.   I remember moving here my 1st year of highschool after moving around as a military brat and really hating it. I came back cause it seemed like it had become alot more diverse than it used to be(20 years later), still there very few Asians here and I still am worreid...
Yesterday I took my kids to the state park playground, which is next to a large campground, and picnic area, most of the kids are from out of town, anyway I'm american of Irish euro descent nd my kid's dad is Japanese. The boy my 5 year-old son started to ply with was aboout 9 or so and was African-American, after a little while he asked DS "are you Chinese?" Ds said "No, i'm Japanese and English" I think he says that because he see's the difference in language rather...
I'm kind of copying Mamma 2 1's  idea of documenting her progression towards sleep. *I found it's helping me deal w/ my frustration and keeping me solutions oriented rather than woe is me, life sucks thinking   Today was a full day of school and studying for me, but still wanted to pick up the kids early so I could try to wear them out so they'd fall asleep easier.   picked them up at 3:40 today, better than usual got in the car and got stuck in traffic for...
Tonight was another better than 10:30 night. I took the kids out all day today, and kept them busy and active all day long, i had thrown dinner in the crockpot so it was pretty much ready by itself later,   somehow it took awhile to get everyone at the table and done w/ dinner....it was getting close to 8 pm by the time the kids were in the bedroom and in Jammies, cause we had to skype w/ daddy, they finally fell asleep at 9;00, about 15-20 min after turning out...
What is your ideal dream of a great bed/night time?  Does your DD nurse or is the am nursing her only nursing time?   I don't like the early am nursing either, Yikes 4:30?! Ouch!   I'm  feeling wishy-washy about compleat weaning though....   I think if i got the bedtime routine under controll an early am nurse might not be as annoying as it sometimes is now   hope some breakthroughs are coming your way!    
I just found your thread and read the whole thing w/ great interest. My DD now almost 3 has always been a horrible sleeper and frequent nurser. I finally got her down to 1 or 2 morning nurses but would be happy to be done w/ those too,   my struggle is the nightmarish 2 hours of putting DD to sleep that you speak of- UGH it's driving me insane!!... and i'm still working on trying to find a solution to the problem.......thinking of trying to physically wear her...
APmama, not sure about not having DD  nap at daycare, she doesn't take that long of one no more than an 1 1/2 , they say she usually sleeps for an 1 hr. and never has a problem going down.....they just leave her alone and she falls asleep !? but for me on the weekends she's a pill!!? I think she just doesn't want to miss something,   I know she's tired at night and at nap....... but can't seem to unwind, let go, and go to sleep.   ZineMama, my 5 year old is no...
I have co-slept with my kids since they were born,they are now almost 3(DD) in sept and DS- 5,   They have their own room together with their own single beds,   I usually end up falling asleep trying to get DD asleep,   I usually start the bedtime routine after dinner by 7 or 7:30 sometimes 8 if we're really behind schedule.   they take a bath, get jammies on, DD drinks milk, brush teeth, and then booktime, and then I lay with DD in her bed and she...