or Connect

Posts by Erin+babyAndrew

My 7.5 yo son was exactly how your described your child. He would pee even before falling asleep because he was too wrapped up in the story being read to him. he was also peeing at least 1x each night, often 2x. So, we bought a night time alarm and it worked! We got ours from http://www.pottypager.com/ and it was great. It was exactly what he needed. The process took about 1 month and he's been dry at night ever since. We kept using the alarm for a good month after we...
I agree it's important to involve the kids with these decisions. It's also a good learning opportunity for them. My boys are 5.5 and 8 and they had a lot of toys. Earlier this summer my youngest was looking around his room and he said he didn't like most of the toys anymore. Fair enough, so we went one by one, set by set and he chose which ones to give to who, which ones to sell and which to keep. We assembled everything into complete sets, photographed/bagged/labeled...
I would say "She's such a beautiful Our Generation doll, what a lucky girl you are!" I have several AG dolls and an Our generation and I find them both to be very nice dolls. There is a slight difference in the hair, but I keep the OG girl's hair in braids. She always looks nice!
Quote: Originally Posted by Past_VNE We got an ad from our car insurance company in the mail about......SAFETY. What was on the cover of the brochure? A young girl, about 5-6 and about 45 lbs, in a seatbelt only. I was totally irked. And, a week or so ago, I saw a friend from HS post a pic of her 13 month old on FB. FF in a seat with a HUGE snowsuit on. I avoid pictures on FB for this reason. It makes me so sad to see relatives...
My 6yo son likes Cyberchase and Zula patrol, but his favorite shows are pure non-fiction. He'll walk away if a show isn't "realistic enough." He likes Henry's amazing animals too, but we don't get that anymore
Quote: Originally Posted by npl Do you mean the TruFit Premiere will RF to 45? Or is the Premiere another Radian seat? And, if you mean the TruFit - any idea when the Premiere will come out here in Canada? Thanks for all the useful info! She is referring to another Radian seat, the premiere.
Yes, tethers are very important. Here in Canada ALL forward facing harnessed seats must be tethered by law.
I love my vitamix. Nothing else can conceal an entire tomato and carrot in a batch of strawberry frozen yogurt.
I agree, the Dr is misinformed. Also, sometimes people will use their Dr as an excuse for something they are doing/not doing without ever asking the Dr. I'm not saying this is what is happening with your friend, just that it happens and it irks me Another thing, it is possible that a Dr could be certified as a child passenger safety technician, but I have not yet met one who was. Please go to your Dr/naturopath/chiro/whatever for medical advice and to a CPST for car...
When my kids were still rear facing, we had them in a Marathon in our Hyundai Elantra hatchback. There was lots of room and the marathon is a really tall seat. Don't forget that once infants are older, their rear facing seat doesn't have to be as reclined as the infant seat was. They can be more upright so the seat will take up less room front to back. As has been stated numerous times now, their legs are not in danger and they are not uncomfortable. My youngest...