or Connect

Posts by Deer Hunter

Wow, it is nice to see some familiar people. I want to thank you so much for the nice welcomes. I am touched. I am so glad to be accepted back, forgiven and given another chance to start over new. You guys are truly awesome.   I was very relieved when I found out it was not MS. The journey was terrifying, though. I spent so much time suffering and did not know what was wrong. But now that I know, I feel like my life is mine again. I strongly feel like God answered my...
Hello: I just wanted to come back and say hi to all of you and say that I hope life is treating you kindly. Life is very good for me, and it is busy also. Life has been so busy that I have not had any time to come here and talk to you guys and learn new things. Since I have some time, I just want to give you all a quick update. First of all, I do not have MS. I went for a second opinion and had some extensive testing done at John Hopkins, and all the tests for MS...
I have no children myself, but I will try to give you some suggestions based on what was done for me. I was the world's most horible sleeper, and it never got better for me because I still stay awake for approximately three days at a time before crashing, and my mom had to do many things to keep herself from going crazy. So, I will pass on her strategies to you in hopes that they help you. 1. Motivate her to entertain herself. Tell her that if she wakes up before it is...
Quote: Originally Posted by AverysMomma I understand where the OP is coming from...and I am proud of her because it sounds like this was a discussion that they were having as friends about an issue with one of their children and like she handled it well. I think the OP discussed this issue with them in an adult manner and that was that...I don't think she lectured them or called them "bad parents" or anything like that...there was a discussion..the OP was...
Quote: Originally Posted by AverysMomma I feel very badly for the girl that her parents would make her do that when she didn't want to....it is MY policy that when it comes to medical decisions like that, my kids should have a voice...this is why my son won't be circ'd etc...I consider vaccines to be permanent in their effect and would never force that upon a child. Their body doesn't BELONG to me...it is only mine to gaurd and keep in as close a state as...
I should clarify something for the record. The child being vaccinated was not the problem, so much as forcing her to do it when she clearly stated, at the age of sixteen, that was not something she was willing to do to her body. I'm glad I'm grown and nobody can force me to make decisions like that against my will. I'm trying to decide if I want to take a certain MS drug, should they think it is a good idea, as the side affects can be almost deadly. I"dd be highly upset if...
Quote: Originally Posted by siennasmom I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I really don't understand where you are drawing the line here. Well, since you are being genuine, i"s def say tha tfour is far too young. They can make some decisions at that age, but nothing that severe, obviously. Ten, well, maybe? It would depend on the maturity of the child because I've seen some very mature ten year olds. I hope that this helps.
Quote: Originally Posted by Porcelain Interior I'd be offended if someone who doesn't even have kids started offering me a lecture on how to be a better parent. I really think you should've minded your own business, and you post a lot about what other people are doing parenting wise. Perhaps you need to focus on something else you can actually control? I don't know it all just comes off as nosy, judgmental and know-it-all ish. Get a hobby or...
Quote: Originally Posted by siennasmom At what age? Four? Ten? Seventeen? Come on, I think you are smart enough to know... I'm not going to answer that. Do you have to be sarcastic? i never meant for this discussion to become that way. I'm almost sorry I ever posted this topic.
Quote: Originally Posted by HollyBearsMom I am curious, what "mature reason" would it take for you to accept the fact she wants a flu shot. I am not being snarky but really would like to know what argument would sway a person who is anti-vac to allow their child to get something that they believe truly is detrimental to their health. Well, if my child could give me a good enough argument, such as the benefits and not jst spout off something...