or Connect

Posts by mrsbabycakes

I'm just going with the flow at this point. I usually nurse him to sleep around 10:30ish, he wakes up again anywhere from 3-5 and then again anywhere from 6-8. Some mornings he's up after the second feed. Others he'll sleep in til 9ish (and then I will too because, I figure, these days are numbered!!
A "friend" (more than an acquaintance, not quite a friend) is Caucasian and is married to a Filipino man. I am Caucasian and married to a Japanese/Guamanian man. We both had little boys about 6 weeks apart. My son is about 10 weeks old.* I'm not sure how to respond to her. She is CONSTANTLY comparing our boys. At first it was Facebook comments on how much my son looks JUST LIKE her son. True, in the infant stage, there appeared to be some resemblance, but don't most...
Success! 9weeks pp and it was pretty good. A little burny but otherwise nice. Man, I need to do more kegels. I could feel a difference. I guess pushing out a 9 1/2 lber will do that.
I looooved being pregnant. I miss it terribly. My SIL is about to pop and I sat with my hands on her belly for a good 10 minutes the other night, just soaking it in. I had such a healthy, easy pregnancy and my son is so laid back and happy, we wouldn't be too upset if we got an oops. That said, grad school starts next August, so that might not be such a good idea. I try to tell myself that sticking to the plan and getting pregnant next Autumn would be better. It's not...
Dying to, but can't. MW said I need another 2 weeks to heal. I'm about 7weeks PP. My husband doesn't care. He'd probably rather spend the 20 min before bed staring at the baby while he sleeps. oh well. Soon enough, I guess. I suppose I should start taking those pills...
Took him to the supermarket today and had him in the Bjorn. I reach down to touch his sweet little toes. They felt wet, so I looked at my hand. Orange. Oh god. Poop. Running down his leg... I left my cart and ran to the car to change him. I had THREE WIPES. Oh man. Long story short, we survived. Ew.
Quote: Originally Posted by rhiOrion So, aside from stitches... how are everyone's nether regions? 8 weeks pp... I still feel painful down there. I can still feel a big gaping area where my tear was. Is it always going to be like that? I'm getting a bit worried about some prolapse issues, too. Like, it just feels wrong down there. When I use the bathroom it feels funny...sort of the same feeling as if a tampon/diva cup is sitting too low. Ugh. ...
Thanks ladies! I'm not so worried, now. I guess I need to be better about doing sitz baths. How long do you sit there? I feel like I don't have a lot of time, so it's usually only a few minutes.
Have your stitches dissolved yet? Mine haven't and I'm a little... bugged by it. It's been 5 weeks!! Unfortunately, it appears that my 2nd degree tear is healing kinda funny, but that's another story. Just checking...
Ladies, Thank you so much for your encouraging stories!! It's nice to have a positive, but realistic expectations. I'm 4 1/2 weeks PP now and I'm going to wait at least the full 6 weeks. My stitches aren't dissolved yet, so I'm going to wait until the midwife clears me. Thanks again for sharing.