or Connect

Posts by MihrDanae

I suggest you chart your cycle for a while and then go for it on the early end of ovulation (if you want a girl). We did this and now have a healthy 7 mo old girl.
My 7 week old daughter has been sucking in lots of air during feedings and I havent been able to stop it! She is gaining weight well and is generally a great nurser, but these past two weeks has been consistently very noisy feedings where she is breaking the seal with each suck. Its not causing much discomfort in me, but definitely makes her more gassy.. and its just plain annoying!  I've tried laid back nursing, different positions, re positioning lips and lower jaw,...
Our daughter has slept with us from birth, but with winter bedding I didn't feel totally safe. So i bought one of those snuggle nests at babies r us. I really love it and she seems pretty comfortable in it (would still perfer to be smooshed against me). It keeps her raised above our pillows and a distinct presence in the bed. I plan on moving her into the arms reach when it's warmer weather / 3 months old. I recommend it for bed sharing with a tiny one (dd is 6 weeks).
Here goes a second try too.. posted to my facebook page  Mihr Danaë shared a link   . 4 minutes ago   Moms and Dads- check out this opportunity to win a Strider bike at http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1367001/win-a-strider-bike
This looks like a great bike! We have been talking about getting something like this for our 3 year old.. Hope I can win it for him!!
we have a covered porch extension that serves as "bathroom". in it we have a composting toilet which i highly recommend as an alternative to putting in a septic tank or flush system.
we wash as we go- i dont bother washing the whole batch, but rather each one or two as i eat 'em. we dont refrigerate our eggs and i think washing them would cause the some problems, ie going bad or wicking up bacteria through the pours in the shell.
no matter if you slit the throat and drain or if you chop the head right off, the easiest way is to hold the chicken firmly by its feet and hang it up-side-down. when you do this, the blood rushes to their heads and they practically go to sleep. they will still twitch once you cut them, but hanging them by a wire or putting them in a bucket with stop the gruesome flopping around. i bet youtube would have some videos of the whole process. good luck!
technically, our home is not a yurt, but by shape and design it is.. a 16 sided log cabin in the woods in virginia. in the winter we are saved by new insulation and a very good wood stove. also a fan at the peak of the ceiling brings the heat back down. in the summer, much time is spent out doors by the pond. also a key in the summer is the ventilation through the peaked roof- to let all the heat out. otherwise, fans with a cool rag draped in front help keep the round...
hmm.. it says 50/50.. sounds about right