or Connect

Posts by CrimsonObsydian

I'm trying to decide if we're going to give the Vit K after baby is born- My Midwife said that we can do an Oral dose or a shot but the Oral doesn't protect against the later onset bleeding disorders- but I feel iffy doing the shot. I know I need to do more research But I wanted to see what others were doing.   What are your thoughts? What are your reasons?
I think we've picked our boys and girl name, we wont find out til end of January what we're having.   Girl: Ivory Luna Boy: Nikolai (Niko) Asher
The two that I am most seriously considering are "Schools Out" http://www.schoolsoutsupport.com/index.html and SCAIHS http://www.scaihs.org/ I like the Schools out philosophy the best but there are more resources offered by the SCAIHS - I am going to a workshop next week there to ask questions and speak to them. I wonder if I can start at one place and then switch later on? Like I think I might need more help the first 2 or 3 years to make sure we are complying...
I am having the hardest time choosing an accountability organization. There is one that is specifically for unschoolers but it doesn't seem to offer as much as others, and the groups that seem to offer the most are so invasive I just cant imagine dealing with them. There are just so many! I have been looking at different organizations for like 2 years now and I am running out of time to make my final decision *sighs* For those that have laws similar to SC - How did...
That describes our day- LOL we are always either outside or playing games. My oldest is 5 and he has learned to read, and do math from computer games. He plays online RPGS like World of Warcraft - he can also type really well now- and the games got him interested in computers and hes been doing all sorts of things. He loves these games but in order to play them especially by himself he has needed to learn to read and type- he wanted to play so he has really been...
I think You handled it fine - I think the other mom is the one who handled it poorly. kids that age play rough- What more was a time out really going to acomplish? LOL actually just thinking about your situation- you handled it better than I do in those situations.. I tend to have a temper I call our "conversations" time outs for some reason just calling it "time out" makes pple feel like you are doing what you are suposed to. *sighs*
: yay!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruthla Am I a December person? I spent most of the day engrossed in a novel about teenaged vampires and werewolves while DDs fended for themselves- they mostly worked on their current crochet projects. I have been engrossed in Twilight for quite a few weeks now. My 5 year old even asked me to help him read it because he wanted to see why I was reading it so much he thought it was boreing and we only got to...
Quote: Originally Posted by BedHead I guess what I need is a reason fer her to WANT to clean up after herself each time she spreads a project all over the house. That seems like the key right there. HEHE are you opposed to bribes? Thats all I got --- teenagers frighten me :
We mostly play all day here too I mostly love it but like you I get these little twinges somedays and feel like I should be doing something more. BUT I think thats just my own feelings getting in the way. I need a lot of structure when it comes to school stuff but I have to constantly remind myself that is most likely just a result of how I was educated and even if its just my temperment, ds1 is VERY different than me and absolutely rebels against all forms of structure....