or Connect

Posts by milkmamamerina

The other day my parents had some salt and vinegar flavored almonds that were really tasty. It was just coated with some weird powder, but it seems like it would be pretty easy to add vinegar to the salt soak to add to the flavor. I thought I could use Bragg's, but does anyone have any idea how much vinegar to use?
She weaned about a month or so ago (sooner than planned due to my nipple eczema) It sounds like I better find some organic chicken livers...I hope she likes them!!
I just have to share. Wash twice, rub in a little coconut oil and pat on some cornstarch or arrowroot powder. I cannot believe how well it works! For the first time all summer I woke up without feeling self conscious about my smell. Yesterday was 103 with high humidity, I was in and out of my hot car most of the day and it held it's own! I've used grocery store antiperspirant, baking soda, tea tree oil, the crystal stones, Tom's of Maine solid and roll on. The only...
I was just reading that children frequently cannot make the conversion of beta carotene to vitamin A. My 2 year old is allergic to most animal sources of Vitamin A (no eggs, dairy, or seafood). She loves yellow and butternut squash, and sweet potato, but I'm concerned she might not be making the conversion to A. How can I find out? Does anyone have any good resources or advice?
As I'm reading more into NT I definitely see things I like and things that make me suspicious. I noticed that she says Asian peoples have larger pancreas and salivary glands which allows them to digest grains more effectively. That right there does cast a big doubt in my mind on the China Study's premise that all people should eat as China does. Not all people have the same physiology, especially when they have differing ancestory. On the other hand, NT mentions that...
I have heard both of these books touted by my health/nutrition conscious friends. I have starting reading Nourishing Traditions and it seems very compelling. I have not yet read The China Study, but it seems it is in stark opposition to the information in Nourishing Traditions. I am a bit concerned with how NT views saturated fats in particular since it is so counter to everything I thought I knew. If I go forward feeding my family in the Traditional Eating way, I want...
I'm not sure what size bread maker you have, or how to make it work without a bread maker, it has always not risen enough when I make bread without the maker, but here's my WW bread recipe for a small (1lb loaf) breadmaker. 7 oz water 1 7/8 cups WW Bread Flour (hard red wheat is best for bread) 1/8 cup vital wheat gluten --easiest to just scoop 2 cups flour, remove 1/8 cup and replace with gluten) 1 1/2 tbs Dry skim milk (I skip this for dairy allergy reasons) 1...
thanks!
My daughter is 2 and among her myriad of food allergies are dairy (goat and cow) and egg. She has only been weaned from BM a couple of months and we have given her coconut milk and coconut oil as her main milk/butter substitutes along the way. We are not actually eating TF yet, but I have gradually moved further and further from processed foods and toward TF type foods (although the fat chapter is really making me think hard about everything I thought I knew about fats)....
Thanks for the input. My 2 yo does use words, but her perceptions are not reliable. She has claimed I have pushed her when I may have brushed her clothing as I walked past. I have seen her make similar exaggerations against her brother. She is touchy that way, so I don't think I can really rely on her to get to the truth. I would like to think keeping my 5 yo right next to me would be a good option, but I really don't see it as viable. I can't even get him to stay...