or Connect

Posts by Asha+Joy

Quote: Originally Posted by saphire I've never come across any pagan version of an "end times". : As a non-Wiccan Pagan, I'll chime in. My path identifies the Cosmos Itself as a non-anthropomorphic Goddess. She is imminent within everything and nothing exist outside of Her. Her endless forms include our Mother Earth and She is manifest in the continual cycles of the seasons and in the cycles of life experienced by all beings. I cannot...
Hello, welcome to the board!
Ahha! Thanks much
So frustrated here. I've spent sooooo long searching online for a specific design of cloth pad for my friend, no luck. I just can't find the combination of features she needs. I'm looking for an all-in-one, snap around with plastic snaps (metal allergy) made of soft cotton fabric (very sensitive skin) that is thin (absorbency isn't the main need), has no waterproofing, and is about 2.5-3 inch wide and 10-11 inch long. Darker, patterned cloth would be a real plus. ...
or, you are way lazy like me, you can buy one of the presses designed for camping. They have an aluminum sandwich bottom so you can boil your water in them on the stove & not bother with a separate kettle. Also comes in handy for making real chai: you can boil the milk & water together.
I have been fighting sugar addition since I was in my late teens. I don't have much of a choice about it because I have a mild type of hypoglycemia and if i eat a candy bar, i become ill: week, sweaty, shaky, dizzy, & confused about 1 hour later. Sugar tho, is a tough adversary. It’s as almost as bad as cigarettes. Even after all these years, if i see the candy, I will eat it. I had to banish it from my home. I never to go shopping unless I’ve just eaten and I force...
Quote: Originally Posted by majikfaerie perhaps if a book is too much, a pamphlet would work? : Can I totally use that line on him and not give you credit? I'm not giving up on the book idea, so I could use the ammunition veronicalynne, I want to personally thank you for sharing your story. it's heart wrenching, I hurt for you. And I also admire you for being so strong in doing what's right for you and your kids. The possibility of something...
Quote: Originally Posted by USAmma So what am I? And what is she half of from my side? Personally, I go with Euro-American. "White" describes the color of my skin, it tells you nothing about my ethnic heritage or my culture so I don't find it very useful in anything but the most causal reference to identity. My Grandfather was full blooded Dutch, and 5 of my great-grandparents emigrated from various northern European countries...
Quote: Originally Posted by majikfaerie asha+joy do you see your DH's parents often? are they proficient in english enough to read a book? something like Unconditional Parenting, would go a long way. for your DH, I also grew up in an abusive family, who used violence and manipulation. What really helped me to heal from that was rebirthing thank you majikfaerie, for your kindness and advice. No, we don't see his family often at this point,...
I’m happy to see this thread, the topic is near and dear, and also a little bit scary. DH comes from an authoritarian culture, but even within that context his upbringing was abusive. He doesn’t consider his mother to have been abusive because although she hit him as punishment and used emotional cruelty to make him do things her way, she refrained from beating him black & blue. That was his dad’s department. Dad also beat mom, and older siblings beat younger ones....