or Connect

Posts by poisonedapple

We've had an exhausting journey with my middle daughter's acid reflux. She's been on two different prescriptions, we've eliminated dairy, lactose, garlic, and she is still having issues. It seems like it's getting worse. We moved to a new state a few months back, and I need to get her into a doctor here. I just need to know where to go... I've taken her to a family doctor who was absolutely insulting and could not think clearly past our decision to not vaccinate to be...
We are moving to Terre Haute in December, from what I can tell there is very little that IN requires of homeschoolers. Do I have to send a form in? If so, what form, and where do I send it? My kids range from infant to 7 years. Is there anyone here from TH, IN? What about homeschool groups? And what are your favorite Indiana homeschool websites? I'm excited and hope to find a good group to join once we arrive! (hoping that there is one, eek)
Three of my sisters were vaginal, med free deliveries, and two have allergies and asthma, one much more severe than the other. I was under the notion that it can be hereditary, and that seems to be the case in my neck of the woods. I was a "bum-in-the-canal-three-weeks-overdue-c-section" delivery, and have both asthma and allergies, but as others in my family were not of the same delivery and have the same issue, I wouldn't jump to that conclusion.
I enjoyed having visitors in the hospital, and I enjoyed when friends brought meals the first few weeks, I especially enjoyed that they kept their visits to 10-20 minutes when dropping the food off. I'm all about a good balance. I like sharing the experience and story with my family and friends, and was happy that my mom witnessed all the births, and that my family came to visit, and I also like some down time to just snuggle and cuddle, and all of that goodness. I didn't...
I just took the four kids to my dads (Four hours away) for Halloween and a trip to the zoo. It was hectic as my husband was away on business, so I did the entire thing solo. My kids are 7,5,4,infant. Things go much more smoothly in our home if I allow my kids to do things on their own. I packed my bags as they did theirs, and just gave an item at a time for them to pack their own bags - 2 pairs of clothes.... everyone done, check. 2 pairs of socks... check. If the...
Since your mil asked your permission before buying, I would gather she cares about you and your husbands' opinions in regards to your son's play items, and that it would of gone better if you two had simply answered her question honestly. In regards to invite, I agree with the poster of "we prefer a, b, c... When I send out invites, I always include a list of the kids' interests, clothing size, and a note that we love books. And in the end if we don't like an item, we...
In our home we have - Only Hearts Club, we get them at Target. We also have Strawberry Shortcake dolls and Polly Pockets. My oldest just bought a Groovy Girl from the Girl Scout shop, and she likes her a lot, shes more of a doll than "barbie" style though.
My husband was offered a promotion in Terre Haute, we are moving before the end of this month. We are selling our house and life is crazy! I'd love to hear from those that live in the area, those that know of the area, and all of that goodness! Questions - What to avoid as far as renting? What is good? Is the area by the mall a good place to live? His work is in that area and would like to live near it if it's a good location. Any recommended storage units? We...
I'm considering a raw food diet, I don't really know too much on the subject and want a good book (or a few) to read on the subject. I want to pick it up at library and get started reading. Any recommendations? Ill take online resources too, but I definitely want a good book from the library to read when I'm not near a computer.
Thanks for the responses. We turned it down. It didn't seem like it was going to be a good fit from the responses here, research I did, and so forth. Thank you all for taking the time to respond, it meant a lot to get perspective from those that are of similar mind.