or Connect

Posts by JollyGG

However the screening your child got at school is not the same thing you received at the eye doctor. There's a reason they refer to it as  a screening, and not an exam. They aren't diagnosing anything. If there had been a problem noted at the school they wouldn't have prescribed glasses or anything. They would have sent a note home saying that they'd noted a potential issue at a routine screening and recommend that you take your child to the eye doctor for an exam.  In...
This. I pumped a quick bottle right before bed and my husband fed the first nighttime feeding. He's a night owl so was up at that time regardless. I still say that those 4 hours in a row of sleep were the best experience in my life. I worked and I did hate pumping. However, that one nighttime bottle was totally worth it for me in the early days.
At this point I'm unemployed so we are saving -900 per month. But when I was working we saved about $300-$500 per month. Right before I got laid off, both my husband and I had good paying jobs. What we save really simply depends on how much is in my savings, how much we make, and what our expenses are. I do have two amounts I need to have in savings. One lower amount is what I absolutely need to have in savings. I'll scrimp and save and do anything I can to get our savings...
I'll agree with other posters, yes you do sound overprotective. However, that doesn't give anyone the right to undermine your authority.
What you describe could very well be what ultimately would go down. However, I think the simple solution of don't sit with the person who was mean to you and coaching on how to make that happen should be the very first step. Only after my child came home and said that solution hadn't worked would I involve the bus driver, teacher or principle. I believe it's important to try the simplest and most empowering solutions first. Then move on to other more intrusive...
At this point I would just tell my son he needs to sit with someone else on the bus. The best way to bullyproof your child is to give him the tools and the authority to deal with problems himself. Yes he is only 5 so more complex self advocacy is probably out of his ability level. However, even at 5 he can easily choose to sit with someone else and politely explain to the other boy that he doesn't want to sit with him.   I honestly wouldn't even bring anyone else into it...
Try just another dose of the B6 without the Unisom in the morning.
I google myself frequently, my husband occasionally, and my kids rarely. There names do come up, but so far not in ways that concern me.   When I talk about my kids on Facebook or whatnot I usually just use a first initial. That way it doesn't as readily come up on a google search. I don't do it due to concerns about privacy and it isn't hard to connect the dots. But I do do it so the kids have slightly more control about what information is readily available about them...
I'm honestly confused as to what researchers claim there is not estrus. I worked in research concerning cardiovascular disease and hormones for a number of years (I don't anymore) and the realities of a woman's hormonal cycle were always at the forefront of the research. It's always been assumed that women have estrus by any research I've seen. Heck it doesn't take a study of erotic dancers to figure it out either. There are cellular changes in the vaginal fluids that...
It does feel like everyone expects us to have strong feelings or a decided preference. I, personally, didn't. Either way things ended up was going to be okay with me.   I ended up going with a repeat c-section simply because that was my doctor's preference, I knew my odds of a successful VBAC weren't as high if my doctor wasn't fully on board, and didn't feel like changing doctors. Had my doctor not had a preference I would have waited until late in the pregnancy to have...