or Connect

Posts by momongeon

I am pretty new to CDing. Cian was born one month ago. He was 6-14 at birth and 6-7 when we came home. The one size diapers were very bulky on him until about 2 wks ago when he was over 8 lbs. some are still bulky but I am used to the fluffy butt now. I found that sm sposoeasy fit him well. We never got anything in NB size (even clothes) b/c my other boys were 8-14 and 8-4 and never wore NB sizes. The OS Thirsties duo sz 1 is actually pretty small. We used it on the...
I haven't been back here for a while. Cian was born July 25.
Wow it's been a long time since I posted here. This looks fun. So....For some reason I keep feeling 8/8. I have had many requests however. lol so for me EDD 8/4 guess 8/8
I had Lochlan on my list. I may try to slip it back onto the list.
Quote: Originally Posted by TangoMama I'm just starting to think about doing Hypnobabies - what has made you all decide to do this program? The other one I'm considering is Bradley. There is a Bradley course in my area, but no HB in all of Florida for some reason. How do you buy it used? I just see the new option for $140. I called the number and talked to someone there. Sometimes they have a wait list if there is a high demand but I got...
I always wanted to be a SAHM. DH and I get a little spend crazy and have a hard time refraining. So b/c of that I have to work. We have changed our spending a lot in the last 2 yrs and are working our way out of debt. I am a registered nurse in a birthing center in a teaching hospital (don't worry we are teaching them very well). I love my job. Best part is supporting non-intervention births. I work full time night shift which is 7pm-7:30am. It is tiring but we are...
Quote: Originally Posted by AutumnAir If you had PTSD you must have had trauma. IMO it's kind of counterproductive to 'compare' relative traumas. I know some moms who have had C-sections who would argue that I should count myself lucky to have had a vaginal birth, despite the cost. Many moms have had far more horrific experiences than me, and others have had comparatively easy experiences. But that doesn't matter - it's how it affects you that...
I think the only name that would be considered by dh would be Finnegan, but it would take a bit of convincing.
have you started Hypnobabies yet? The fear releasing exercise is fabulous and could really help get you through. I loved Hypnobabies!!! I did not have traumatic birth like yours but I did have a little PTSD from it and I LOVED knowing that that birth experience would be different. And boy was it ever. Don't worry if your dh doesn't want to help with the prep or during your birth b/c it is not necessary. My dh never once looked at the stuff and would not go to bed...
That sounds like a horror movie. I wouldn't want to birth in a hospital after that. The good news is that 1st babies pave the way for the second so you will have a much different experience. Also you will never have to see that MW or hospital staff ever again. It sounds like you are now in a place that excepts home births. My fingers are crossed that you get exactly the experience you want. Do you have a close friend that could be your support since it sounds like...