or Connect

Posts by ChelseaWantsOut

Thanks for the replies! My midwife looked at it 2 weeks postpartum and said it looked good, but obviously that was months ago. I'll make an appointment with an ob/gyn today. This granulated scar tissue thing sounds painful to remove. I wonder if they would do a local anesthetic if I requested it. Blarg. I'm such a wimp about having things done to me. Birth was easy (well, maybe manageable is a better word) because it was my body doing it. That's why I wanted a...
My baby will be 5 mos. on the 18th. He was frank breech. DH and I still haven't had intercourse because as soon as we start trying it's uncomfortable. I don't really know about degrees of tearing, but my midwife said at the time that no muscle was torn and gave me the option of being sewn up or just keeping my legs together for a few days. I chose the latter and now I kind of regret it because I have a very tender v-shaped notch at the opening of my vagina and I'm...
Mine falls out all the time and is getting super thin and greasy and hideous and straight, for eff's sake.  Not beautiful and thick and shiny and curly and voluminous, like it was during pregnancy.  I'm probably going to shave it all off once spring arrives.  Then I'll break out all my punk rock clothes from the late 90's.  It'll be totally bitchin'.
Thanks for the replies!  Shortly after I posted this, he fell asleep and whimpered and nursed while sleeping for over 3 hours.  Now he's awake and cheerful as all get out!    Here's hoping it's over now.  
He's been sleeping really poorly the last few nights, coughing in his sleep (sounds like he's choking on spit or something), waking up crying, needing to be bounced back to sleep as opposed to just nursed.   This morning he was cheerful when he woke up, but about half an hour later he started whimpering and since then he's just seemed like he's in pain.  Usually either whimpering, crying, or screaming.  It's just heartbreaking.  He doesn't want anything in his mouth....
Well, we WERE having really good nights with any brief wakings resolved quickly by popping a boob in, but the past two nights have been frustrating.  He's wiggling all night, waking up fussing or crying multiple times a night and needing me to get up and bounce him back to sleep.  I co-sleep so I won't have to get out of bed, dang it!  I think it's teething, but he also has a goopy eye.     The ped gave me eye drops for it, but they say on the insert that if you're a...
What a sweet pic, Sharlla!
I nurse everywhere, and I haven't seen anyone else doing it around here since the nineties when my mom went back to college and started hanging around with hippies, haha.  I agree with everyone else - your mom doesn't know what she's talking about.  And I agree with you that it's important for people to see babies nursing.  I was nursing in a store a couple weeks ago, and a probably 9-year-old boy came up to us and said, "What are you DOING??" and I said, "Feeding my...
I have the opposite problem!  When we visited DH's family a couple weeks ago, everyone kept saying, "Oh, he looks exactly like Chelsea!  Are you sure you had anything to do with it?"  "Are you sure you're the father?"  OH WHAT A HILARIOUS JOKE!    It made my DH feel like crap, and it made me feel like crap.  Bonus!
If he ever sleeps that long I do get uncomfortable and I generally just pop a boob in and he sleep eats.    So I guess I'll bring a hand pump and if I have to I'll pump in the bathroom.     In case anyone's wondering, the party is a steampunk masquerade ball thing.  I think it'll be really fun.  I used to love dressing up in costumes, and I haven't done it since before the babe was born.  On Halloween I just sat on the porch with the babe on my lap and gave out...