or Connect

Posts by ChelseaWantsOut

Thanks so much for all the replies! I've found them very reassuring.   The trip is in about a week and a half.  This particular party is important to my friend, so a night in isn't really gonna cut it.  The party is about 20 min away if we take a cab - which I'd be happy to pay for since it quarters the transit time!  DH regularly puts DS to sleep for naps and at night, but he usually wakes up wanting me/boob in 1-2 hours.  I think we'll do a test run this weekend...
My longtime best friend just told me she's pregnant!  Hooray!   With her first baby, she said she had to use a nipple shield thingie to nurse him because her breasts were too big and would have suffocated him otherwise(???), and she stopped nursing altogether around 4 mos and pumped for several more months.  I have no experience nursing with very large breasts (or anything other than very small breasts), but I'm thinking with the right info/support it would be...
We're going out of town to visit a dear friend of mine who wants me to go to a party/girls' night out thing with her the second night we're there.  We would probably be gone from 8 pm to midnight or even 1.  I've never left DS (who will be 5 mos at the time of the party) for longer than an hour (and even then I was still in the house, so DH could have come and got me if he needed me), and I'm very nervous.  I guess I'll have to pump milk for a bottle, what if we can't...
My baby boy (9/18) is doing well!  He's been fussy from the start but at least he's not screaming for hours on end anymore.  He's actually quite cheerful most of the time as long as we keep him entertained and in arms and catch his tiredness signs quickly enough.  He recently started shrieking about everything (excitement, hunger, joy, boredom, frustration), which is adorable, but kinda painful. He also JUST started blowing raspberries a lot.  Yesterday he woke me up at...
  Same here.  It feels gross.  Plus I just wipe it all off on clothes, my hands, etc. anyway.  I went through a (Queen Amidala-inspired) lipstick phase and my hair would always get on it and then drag a line of red across my cheek.  Wow, that was like 12 years ago now.  Time flies.
Jeez, that sucks majorly sosurreal!    It seems those people don't understand that there's a huge difference between having a tiny baby on a plane and having a toddler on a plane.  If they fly again when their babe is older they'll probably be tearing their hair out trying to find ways of keeping their LO entertained/still/quiet, and if they remember you they might have a different view of your nursing.   But the important thing is that you're doing right by your...
Thanks for all the replies, everyone!  Y'all are great.  People probably don't think anything of it, you're right.  It's so easy to think everyone must be thinking about me when they're probably busy thinking about themselves and worrying what people think about them, ha.     My babe is 4 months old, by the way.
Yup, me too!  It's like waves of heat in my hands and face especially.
This happened to me, too, and I didn't have a cesarean.  My midwife called it milk fever and had me eat lots of garlic and take goldenseal.
There's one called Milkies.     http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_baby-products?_encoding=UTF8&node=165796011&field-brandtextbin=Milkies