or Connect

Posts by ChelseaWantsOut

Last night I was upstairs hanging out with my parents (we live in their basement) and my 3-month-old baby started fussing because he was sleepy.  I took him back from my mom and told her I just needed to dance him around until he fell asleep (best/fastest way to get him to sleep besides going to the park with him in the gemini and swinging on the swings), but she kept saying "I think he needs to be put in his bouncy seat!  I'm sure he just wants to go in his seat!" I...
Hi t0b1nsm0m,   The contact for the Moore group is Paige.  Her e-mail is hmncentralok@yahoo.com The group has been meeting the second Monday of every month at the Moore Medical Center at 6:30 PM.   BUT!  I don't know if that's going to change now because the group is changing and will no longer be affiliated with the Holistic Moms Network because I guess they push membership and paying dues and Paige wanted to have a more laid-back group.  So really you should...
I carry my 3-month-old DS around with me everywhere, and in the past couple days he's been just sucking on whatever part of me is handy while I'm doing chores.  I have four hickeys on my arm and shoulder, two on my chest, and one on my cheek!  He's also been grabbing my fingers and sticking them into his mouth to bite on.  I'm not sure what's causing it (teething?), but I think it's pretty funny, but also kind of embarrassing, haha.   Anybody else having to explain...
Also, there's a holistic moms group that's been meeting in Moore, although they're possibly switching locations for the January meeting?  Anyway, they do meetings on various crunchy topics and are going to start doing hands-on workshops, too.   If you're interested in that, contact Paige at hmncentralok@yahoo.com I don't THINK she would mind my giving out that e-mail...
Hi, I'd love to get together, although my baby's just 3 months old so no help for your lonely 3-year-old.  I live in Mesta Park.  Can we do beginning of January sometime?  Like maybe Saturday the first or Saturday the 8th?     Do any of y'all gchat?  If you PM me your gmail I will chat at you. :D  It's less awkward than phone for me.
Oh, right, food sensitivities. I forgot to mention that I've been on the Dr. Sears elimination diet for two weeks tomorrow. I think it's helped with the crying some? I don't know. He definitely had an angry red ring around his anus before I started the diet, though, and that is gone. If he is sensitive to dairy, I wonder if clarified butter would be okay? Do you have any experience with that, Jodie8? We are also giving him those biogaia probiotic drops, which say...
I feel you, Laurski. This is ridiculous and I feel super-gross admitting it, but I have only had 2 showers in the 4 weeks since my baby was born. Several times I have sobbed along with him because he'd been crying for what felt like hours without the slightest pause and NOTHING helped. I hope the moby works out for you, mine hates the moby. The only carrier he'll halfway tolerate sometimes is a mei tai. I'm sorry you have so little support - I shudder to think...
I'm here, but usually don't have hands. Right now, I have Cade in a mei-tai and am bouncing on an exercise ball and "shhh"-ing loudly and continuously. Usually he just cries in the mei tai and only my arms will do. Just within the past couple of days I've gotten him to sleep snuggled against me in bed instead of on my chest. He's four weeks old. Also within the past couple of days he'll let his daddy hold him (sometimes) without crying. I think my mom feels really...
This past week has been a big blur so I just now caught up on this, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you AustinMom, and I hope you're doing well and your baby is doing well! So much love to you!
Cadence arrived at 2:52 am on Saturday morning (9/18). He was born at home. Mom, dad, and baby are all doing well. He weighs 6 lbs 8 oz and is 20.5 in long. He ended up being frank breach, but my tears were minimal, and did not require sutures.