or Connect

Posts by FeminineFigure

My husband, who is 46 years old, has two children from a previous marriage. Before we were married, he agreed that we could have one child together.  Our son is now 2 years old. After I had him, I put my husband in charge of birth control.   My husband has been talking this entire time that he wants to get a vasectomy. However, he has done nothing to facilitate this happening. So, his method of choice for birth control has been the withdrawal method.   My husband...
It is an excellent food. Wild caught, it is great. Very high in Omega 3s. Personally, I think it is a much better choice than cereal, grains, and even a lot of vegges (full of antinutrients, phylates, etc.). But that's just my Primal/Paleo bias .
I am so glad to see this thread! My husband has 2 girls from a previous marriage. They are 9 and 11 years old. They share time between our house and their mother's, which is literally within shouting distance within the same subdivision. My husband first NEVER wanted to get married again. Well, then I came along about a year after his divorce, and that plan went to hell. Then he said early in our relationship that he really wasn't sure/probably did not want to...
I would not feed my child soy. Here's one of many sources of info: http://www.mothering.com/food/whole-soy-story I don't distinguish mealtimes. My son has grassfed beef (in many forms--ground, pureed, and shredded), salmon, chicken, tiny bits of bacon, full-fat greek yogurt.
I would be the first to admit that it is probably too much time. I think there are a lot of excuses in this thread--I know it is an outlet to a certain extent, but I think it is easy to slip down the road of using it as a crutch rather than seeking out real life human interaction. For example, I see a lot of people bemoan that they don't have time for xyz--housework, exercise, you name it. But replace that with total screen time (television AND computer), how much...
I've used a Sleep Number from the time my LO was born. He's almost 9 months. I disagree with the above poster--it has been very safe! We have a king-sized Sleep Number with the option of having a movable incline for head/feet, which has been fabulous for when i want to sit up in bed and nurse! However, I do NOT put the LO in the middle without some precautions. I have a Humanity Bed pillow that I rotate having the body pillow down the middle or on the edge of...
Well, I'd love to be able to pump while vaccuuming or doing laundry. However, I already do one AM pump before getting LO up. The rest of the day is working in my business where I'm having trouble finding the time. I already do multi-task while pumping, but it is difficult to be efficient. When I'm not working, the LO likes to nurse a lot, so I don't want to be using my milk up by extra pumping! I'm just curious if going all day (up to 10 hrs) with only 1 pumping...
I own my own business. On one hand, I've managed to create the flexibility of working 3x/week, and taking baby with me or working from home the other days. My baby is 8 months old and goes to daycare those 3x/week. He's been EBF except for starting some solids. He loved solids at first, though now he's slid backwards since being sick a few times. Though I'm the "boss", and can't get in trouble for pumping too much, I am finding it increasingly difficult to...
Wow, I need to post a follow up. I made a complaint through Walgreens website. Though it did take them a few days to get back to me (totally understandable), I just received a phone call from the local pharmacist. She said that as a breastfeeding mother herself, she thought the language on that coupon was totally distasteful. She will be bringing the concern to the district manager, who I guess works with the marketing company. She asked if I used a credit...
I received that one at Walgreens, too, when I was picking up a prescription for myself and my 7 month old! I'm SURE the reason they printed the $5 off (how tempting) is because a week prior I picked up pumping bags. I went to the Walgreens response website and wrote them a complaint. So far, I've received no response.