or Connect

Posts by beckylynn

We are just going to do kindergarten early for now.  She enjoys her preschool at the moment and doesn't seem bored so I don't know why I'd rush it.  Not only that but she's in preschool 6 hours a week right now so I think a transition to 40 hours a week would be too much of a jump!  15 hours of half day kindergarten seems much more reasonable to me.   Thanks everyone for your input! Becky
A grade skip in addition to early entrance to kindergarten?
These are great questions. The Kindergarten cutoff is Sept 1 and my daughter's birthday is Deptember 23. She is a very happy mild mannered child (with occasional fits) who does best in a 1 on 1 setting. She is fine and adaptive in group settings but she is very quiet in those situations, even in preschool.  In fact, her teachers were shocked to hear that she reads.    Speaking of reading, hers is not fluent yet. She is learning with phonics and is just now starting...
Thanks everyone!  Good advice.  I am not really looking beyond Kindergarten at this point - I'm really hoping she gets into the Kindergarten at the nearby classical school.  We will play it by ear and I do feel fortunate to live very close to Dr. Ruf so revisiting her is most certainly an (expensive) option.   We are also involved in outside activities that she enjoys like preschool, Suzuki violin and ice skating so hopefully those things will give her a social...
This is all very new to me. My husband and I went to Dr. Deborah Ruf to get a "score-only" assessment (Stanford Binet 5) on my 4 year old girl.  We were interested in Early Entrance to Kindergarten for next year since she just misses the cut off and is a bright little girl who is already reading.   The school has requested a "Superior" (130 I think?) score to be considered and my daughter scored 141 IExceptionally Gifted) with an Abbreviated Battery of 148...
I have the foam pillow and I used it frequently after they came home from the hospital BUT I'm no longer really using it and I'm no longer tandem nursing. One of my twins just always ate faster than the other, didn't fall asleep nursing and just wanted to poke her sister (who took twice as long) in the face. They're 8 months old now (actual), almost 6 adjusted and I find it very uncomfortable to nurse them together. The logistics are better and if you can do it, great,...
I'm sure everyone is right but they look so different to everyone who meets them that I ordered the test to be sure! I'll let everyone know when I find out that they are in fact identical.
My girls are almost 8 months old and I feel like I shouldn't even be asking this because our perinatologists told us that they were monozygotic from about 19 weeks on. 1 twin had IUGR and a velamentous cord insertion and was always much smaller than her sister. They were born at 29w1d at 2 lbs and 2 lbs, 11 oz. Anyway, I never really heard back on the pathology report of the placenta so I'm considering doing DNA testing because the girls look so different to me. ...
Me. My period had come back (I had one) and then found out I was pregnant before my next one. Crazy stuff!
I don't know if premature stories count but here are my answers! WHERE DID YOU BIRTH: A large hospital in downtown Minneapolis HOW FAR ALONG WERE YOU: 29w 1d WERE YOU INDUCED: No ELECTIVE C-SECTION: Not really. I had a placenta previa so it wasn't by choice but by necessity REASON FOR INDUCTION/C-SECTION: Placenta previa, extreme prematurity, IUGR, bleeding (which caused the C-section at that time) SIZE OF BABIES: 2lbs, 2lbs, 11 oz TYPE OF TWINS: mono-di...