or Connect

Posts by Bellamaphone

Hello Ladies,   My daughter is nearly three and has two other young children whom she interacts with on a regular basis. They are both older than her one by a year and one by less. When she spends time with these two children rather than play with them she copies every single thing they do, right down to the position they are standing in and the words they say. They both call her on it constantly as they don' t like it and she knows she is doing it since I have asked...
Hello there, I have an interview tomorrow morning to get into the Aboriginal Midwifery Bachelor Program at University College of the North. I have been waiting for quite some time now to even hear of being asked to come in for an interview. It is down to 12 interveiwees and eight spots. In our outline, it says that we will be asked situational questions. I am wondering if anyone has any advice for me, I am very nervous, of course! Thanks in advance!
Well we were actually supposed to find out by the end of may if we were to get interviews. They neglected to contact us by then, this organization has a history of being "slightly" disorganized. I phoned, other people I know who have applied phoned, no answer. Then on friday we finally get through to the women we have listed to contact and she says that they have our applications here in winnipeg and we will be getting a call by the end of this week if we are chosen to be...
Thanks for your responses. I am actually pretty familiar with the MMBP process which I know that most provinces will adopt in the future, if they aren't already on their way to doing so now. It is the intention of most legislated provinces to be similar in education requirements, practice and competency so as that all educated midwives registered in one province can be technically registered in another. It's great to know that it has been done since legislation, I know...
Hi there, Just wanted to lend some information in case it is relevant. I am a doula working in Manitoba and I often do births for no money at all. You may be able to find someone who is willing to do the same for you there. Also it is part of our model of care to provide the client with at the very least two prenatal visits in order to get an idea of what the mother is hoping for. This usually entails completing a birth plan together and discussing any issue they may...
Hello there fellow Canadians! I am considering being educated in the states in midwifery and wondering if there are any other ladies out there who have blazed the trail before me. Specifically I am wondering if it is possible in these days of legislated midwives and if there are schools that meet the requirements of the MMBP or PLEA out there? What about Maternidad la luz? Anyone have any experience with this school and working in Canada? Thanks in advance!
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...wAllComments=y
My husband and I have been married for less than a year. We have been together for nearly four and our daughter is nearly two. She has still yet to warm up completely to daddy. I've never been quite sure what it was that kept her from warming up but I suppose it could be a combination of things. He works out of the house full time days, and he is also a musician making him away alot of evenings as well. When he is home he is often tired and lacks energy. He interacts...
Quote: Originally Posted by josybear hey there, winnipegger here. one of my closest friends is one of the province's top midwives and is sort of responsible for bringing midwifery training to the province. from knowing her i can tell you that your chances of getting into the program are definitely improved if you're doing everything you can to get towards your goal. she doesn't think much of the people who sit around waiting for the perfect program to...
Thanks. I am sticking with the classes in the hope that it will all some how work out. As for the midwifery. I am very educated on the different procedures on which to become a midwife. haha. i have changed my mind many, many , many times. I also reside on the council for the College of midwives of Manitoba, as their public representative. There are bridging programs being initiated in all provinces. However Manitoba has had a PLEA program for a couple of years and they...