or Connect

Posts by ClovesA

Thank you Swede. That is reassuring to know that you were able to bring baby into bed pretty quickly.  I have a king size bed and hubby sleeps in a separate bed most of the time due to health issues.  So it would just be me 6yo and baby in a king bed.
Hello, I co-slept with my son who is now 5 and will be 6 when baby comes.  He still sleeps with me, because it is still working for my family.  I have a new baby coming and don't want to kick my son out just because of this.  I am thinking I will use a separate bedside co-sleeper for the first few months of babies life.   At what point is it safe to bring baby into bed?  I imagine I would be in the middle between son and baby with a border along the side of the bed where...
Hi Everyone.  Just to give you a brief background.  I am a full-time working mother of a 5 year old boy and recently found out I am 7 weeks pregnant with twins.  I am sure their are upsides to twins, but the only people I know with twins really struggle and they are in a completely different situation to me - the mom is a lawyer who works from home and has help from a nanny plus a healthy and supportive husband.  Me...well, different situation altogether.  As I mentioned I...
Hello, My son is 2 and his daycare is requesting that he has training pants for use. I tried using the Seventh Generation training pants today and it created a huge mess. Unlike diapers, these dont open on the sides. They only pull up and on. Well DS went potty in them this morning and there was not way of getting them off without pulling them down and, well, potty got dragged all the way down his legs. Am I missing something?? Shouldnt they open on the sides? ...
Hello, My 2 year old son gets sick...a lot. He is at daycare during the week and I know that kids catch everything possible at daycare, but he definitely gets sick far more often than his fellow toddlers. It seems he is never without a cold for more than a week and then he has caught another cold, a cough, or even comes down with an ear or sinus infection. I breastfed him for one full year (after a year old he went on a nursing strike and I was unable to maintain...
Hello, I have a two year old and he has slept with me since Day 1. I absolutely love having him near at night and I know it deeply comforts him as well. I work full time and so he is at daycare all day, so nighttime is very bonding. He has a bedtime routine and we go to bed at the same time. I am so wiped out between my work and my family life that by 9pm I am ready to pass out myself. I wonder if I am causing him to be dependent on someone going to bed with...
Hello fellow Mommies, My DS is 21 months old and I am a first time mom who has no idea how to get him to stop doing something. I have and continue to do all the attachment style parenting and dont want to ever spank my child. But, I need help. When he is purposely doing something he knows he is not allowed to do I always stop him, crouch down to his level, make him look at me, and say in a stern voice to stop it. Sometimes I set him down on his butt and make him...
I hear ya Gina. My RE suggested that we put in 3 embies and I told him I would be satisfied with just doing one or two for now and try again a seperate time for the other embies. I am not sure if my transfer date will be 6/29 or 6/30, but I am so happy to have found someone going through the same thing at the same time! Also looks like wannabe from the other site will be right there with us. Have a great weekend away with your LO! :-) Crazyrunningmama thanks for...
I weaned at 13 months and am now preparing for an FET later on this month (DS is 15 months old). I was personally very happy and fulfilled with a year of nursing. I had to return to work several months ago and struggled very hard with pumping and keeping up my supply so reaching a little over a year was a great accomplishment for me. I am looking forward to my FET and wouldnt want to be nursing while doing it. Wouldnt want to decrease my chances of success in any way...
Am 33 now, but was told I had blocked tubes after an HSG when I was 30 (actually on my 30th birthday - great present, eh?). I had been TTC for over a year when I had the HSG done. My RE told me that surgery to re-open the tubes does not increase your chance of falling pregnant naturally by much. IVF produces much higher success rates. I did an IVF cycle and got pregnant the first time with my gorgeous DS. The good news is that you are young. If you have to...