or Connect

Posts by MediaNaranja

We pieced together this pirate costume with some things we found around the house, as well as a couple purchased items.  We needed something warm and comfortable because it was a chilly night!  Yo Ho Happy Halloween!
I've seen 3 lactation consultants to see why I'm in so much pain during BFing. My son is 3 weeks old. They've all said our latch is very good but that LO has very strong jaw muscles and essentially bites down when he is nursing, causing major abrasion on my areola. It lasts the entire feeding. Ouch. He also doesn't have a very wide gape very often. Every once in a while he opens wide and then it doesn't hurt me. They didn't know how they could help me with this but...
I've seen 3 lactation consultants to see why I'm in so much pain during BFing. My LO is 3 weeks old. They've all said our latch is very good but that LO has very strong jaw muscles and essentially bites down when he is nursing, causing major abrasion on my areola. Ouch. He also doesn't have a very wide gape very often. Every once in a while he opens wide and then it doesn't hurt me. They didn't know how they could help me with this but said he may outgrow it and let...
We are ordering our CDs and I'd like to know which you prefer and why. Also, where are your favorites sites to buy them (new or used)? Thanks!
Despite chiro visits and pelvic exercises, my baby is still posterior (sunny side up) and is fully engaged now at 36 weeks. Doc thinks he'll stay that way until birth but may turn during birth. If not, he says I'll most likely have a lot of back pain. I am a bit disheartened because we've been preparing for an unmedicated birth with Bradley and lots of practice. I know it can be done but I just feel like I'm up against tough odds since back labor sounds even harder...
Despite chiro visits and pelvic exercises, my baby is still posterior (sunny side up) and is fully engaged. Doc thinks he'll stay that way until birth but may turn during birth. If not, he says I'll most likely have a lot of back pain. I am a bit disheartened because we've been preparing for an unmedicated birth with Bradley and lots of practice. I know it can be done but I just feel like I'm up against tough odds since back labor sounds even harder than regular labor...
Hi ladies, I am in a sad state and couldn't sleep at all last night. I brought up the subject of my birth plan with my OB yesterday and she told me to keep it to myself. She has known all along that we've wanted an unmedicated birth and as few interventions as possible. We're taking Bradley classes and preparing ourselves in other ways too. Anyhow, it didn't go well and when she saw I was upset she questioned me about some of the things in my birth plan. An example I...
We just found out that we are expecting our first child June 24th, 2009. We are very excited! I am so glad I've found this community for support during pregnancy and motherhood.